Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher`

zhereticmap--attention whoreage

Wwho wants to test the layout for another zheretic map?

http://manifesteddestiny.com/ravagedw/temp/crandorbeta2.zip
E1m1 is completely finished, e1m2's (the map I need testing) layout is pretty much finished except for monsters and items. I wanted to know just how well the layout works. I wanted teleports galore without making retarded teleport puzzles.

Let me know what you think about it instead of ignoring me. Be hip. Be a rebel. Be pro/anti-hippy.

Not finished playing the first map, but I found something that should have attention brought to. The green key can be retrieved without raising the bars around it. Unless for some reason this was meant to be.

Another thing, which I could edit into my last post, but it would run the chance of being missed.
In the room with the Undead Warrior ambush, if you use a chaos device, the bar that prevents you from escaping now prevents you from entering.

As for the second map I quite enjoyed the layout. Although the small rooms you teleport to just to get a switch kind of were tedious to find. But I am tired, so I just may have kept trying the same teleports. Overall though, it is a good map, and will be a better one once monsters and items are placed.
The last switch's linedef action is set wrong. Therefore it doesn't work. An small oversight, I am sure.
In the room with the four teleport pads, there is some HOM from the bars that raise. Asides from some walls that need upper/lower unpegged, I didn't notice anything major that would effect the asthetics of the map.

KoRn said:

The last switch's linedef action is set wrong. Therefore it doesn't work.

Which switch?

ravage said:

Which switch?

The one that opens the bars to go out to the outdoor area with the cool looking portal thing.

Captain Red said:

oh, this is a heretic map!

ravage said:

Wwho wants to test the layout for another zheretic map?

I think it should be a bannable offense to write the topic line in ALL CAPS!

Great way to make yourself look like a n00b within the mapping scene.

dsm said:

I think it should be a bannable offense to write the topic line in ALL CAPS!

Great way to make yourself look like a n00b within the mapping scene.

Except he's not really a n00b...

Although I do agree that the title is excessive.

Cool layout, indeed... um, that one switch doesn't work though, the one near the end... I assume it lowers those metal bars that block you from the lava-teleport thing.

zarkyb said:

Except he's not really a n00b...

Oh I know that, but as I said, the title makes him look like one. I didn't mean to imply he was one.