Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
highlander

New Doom Q&A on HomeLanFed

Thanks. So no demo until after the game has gone gold, okay.

What pissed me off was that he said he doesn't even know if Doom 3 will be released on PC or Xbox before Quakecon, which is in AUGUST. DAMN IT! This better not be some bullshit september 30th "haha we made you wait till the very last day of summer" release.

Thanks for the link! I wonder what the 'plot twist' he's talking about is?...

Hmph, I was hoping to be able to play the demo a few days before release to get a feel but I guess they do not want to release anything out until it is FULLY DONE in their eyes.

Dracamyl said:

Hmph, I was hoping to be able to play the demo a few days before release to get a feel but I guess they do not want to release anything out until it is FULLY DONE in their eyes.

I think it was naive to believe they'd release a demo of the game before release. This game is story-driven, which means that a single-player demo would reveal too much.

Osama bin Laden's great great great grandson was the one who summoned the demons to "teach the big Satan, America, a lesson".

... along those lines: Doomguy is actually George W. Bush's great great great grandson. hehe

The funny thing is that the marine's face does indeed somewhat resemble Bush's.

Crix said:

... along those lines: Doomguy is actually George W. Bush's great great great grandson. hehe

Only in the united states of hypocrisy...

Perhaps Hole-in-his-head^ is confusing a DEMO with a *technology test.*

People genuinely NEED a tech test to get a rough idea of wether or not their system is up to snuff before buying. I think a multiplayer test would be a good idea

^(thats a nickname id software came up, not mine btw)

I'm not sure a benchmark needs any game content in order to function. All it does is run some tests, come back with a number, and offer a reference to figure out how many FPS you'll get. Of course, if you'd like to try and convince Id that a multiplayer version is the only way to accurately rate your computer, then by all means...

Thanks for the link...good read.
I would've liked to see the perfromance of a ti4200 or ti4600 :/
Guess I have to upgrade to REALLY enjoy the game...i really have no need for using AA or AF, but I want to screw all the deatil settings in doom3 to max :)

highlander said:

HardOCP has already done benchmarks with a feature/code complete engine build of Doom3. Draw some conclusions from it based on the hardware they used and what you have then you should have a better idea. Here is the link to the benchmark results on HardOCP.

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NDc0LDE=

High

Fuck, once again, I find myself confused as to which card I should get when the time comes: GeForce or Radeon?

The question is whether these benchmarks are reliable enough.

ATi or Nvidia. It's good to have choices. As of now, Nvidia is claiming that their latest card the 6800 will outperform the ATi X800 in Doom3. While ATi (and Valve) is saying their 9800 Pro/XT and the X800 will out preform Nvidia cards in HalfLife2. Still confused?

From all that I've read, if I were strictly going to play Doom3 I'd get the Nvidia 6800 card (maybe the 5900) as it will play anything out there right now and looks to have a good future (2+ years).

If you want to get an all around good performer, the ATi 9800 Pro or XT are good choices. The 6800 isn't a bad choice but it is new and new cards are more expensive. Same goes for the ATi X800.

I have had both companies cards in the past. I've loved and hated both (to be honest the Nvidia cards have given me less hassles though). I currently have a ATi 9800 Pro (2400XP cpu w/768meg ram system) which kicks ass in anything I play, even FarCry (high quality). I don't think you could go wrong with any of the newer cards out there right now. Doom3 will kickass on the 9800's, the X800's the 5900's, and 6800's cards.

Have at least a 2Ghz cpu, 512meg to 1gig of ram and at least a Ati9800/Nvidia5900 card and you'll be playing Doom3 happily guaranteed.

High

highlander said:

Have at least a 2Ghz cpu, 512meg to 1gig of ram and at least a Ati9800/Nvidia5900 card and you'll be playing Doom3 happily guaranteed.

High

Well, I have a 2.6 Ghz cpu, 512 mb ram (actually, I have 700-something Mb ram on two RAM blocks but my fucking motherboard is a bitch and it fucks up my system if I try to use two RAM blocks) - all I need is a totally bitchin' rad vid card to play Doom 3 totally bossed out (I hope!).

The best card (fps/$) for doom3 and rest games would be 6800GT(should be out in month or 2 close to D3) 6800GT is like GF4400 was for GF4(fps/$)best buy for speed/price.

NV has better opengl and will win D3. And I think a lot +10-20% if not more.

In Dx9-dxX ati and nv will be close +-5%.