Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
entryway

My new heavenly job: very huge level for doom2

I am not going to play it right now, but from the screens it looks very promising. :P

Is that an altar of fire or somthing in the second shot? very cool.

One thing I might suggest is adding a little pizzaz to your outdoor area. Like trees and stuph. But the building looks fantastic!

Jehar said:

I am not going to play it right now, but from the screens it looks very promising. :P

Two weeks of work. Thank.

Is that an altar of fire or somthing in the second shot? very cool.

It is a secret area. It is a Prison. Monsters have arranged revolt. Have broken locks on lattices, have killed all security guards. Left are fryed alive!

One thing I might suggest is adding a little pizzaz to your outdoor area. Like trees and stuph.[/B]

I agree. I tried. But it wasn't the way as i wanted to see it

Good show. Only do what you think is right. If it doesn't look good to you, don't do it. Keep up the good work!

I finally got around to playing your level.

Genius.
Pure fucking genius.

Sure its your first map?

the hidden berserk pack near the beginning was awesome. Ran out of SG ammo killing those damn pinkies, thought "shit im screwed!" then i stumble onto the berserk pack. genius!

keep up the awesome work!

It's fun! The opening scene was quite unexpected.

So far I've got about half way through it (playing without saves) and like it. Full of good action and surprises, and there is generally a relatively safe way to tackle each area once you're familiar with it (that's a good thing, IMO). I'll hold off on further comments until I've finished it though.

Perhaps the two secrets at the start take a bit too long to get. Maybe it ought to be possible to teleport from one to the other; walking along two identical sets of narrow ledges slows things down a bit much.

Crix said:

Nice gallery on your website. WTF?!?!!

Mmm giant floating 3d penii.

Just played it (took me 46:46... got lost a couple of times) and loved it. Detail isn't extraordinary, but I love those extremely large-scale maps. I thought there could have been a bigger battle at the end. I think the most intense battle for me was when I was surprised by all the revenants near the beginning of the yellow-key "quest". I nearly died from some of the Arch Viles though. God, how I hate them. :p

Also, I loved some of the creative secrets, like the chainsaw/rocket launcher secret at the very beginning.

Grazza said:

playing without saves

I think that it will be not easy.

VolteFace said:

Just played it (took me 46:46... got lost a couple of times) and loved it.

Good time for the first attempt on a unknown and heavy (I hope) map.
I know my level very well, but it was required to me about 30 attempts for demo bellow (only for fun demo)
http://www.geocities.com/e6y//files/doom/my/e01_1917.zip
Recorded with PRBoom 2.2.4 and default compatibility. Second exit.

I am very glad having taken away at you about one hour of time

Hmmm... I think I'll check this one out. Might give me a few insights for possible future DOOM endevours after my Heretic II maps are done. :)

I wonder if somebody could explain me restrictions of the original DOOM for saving the game in a large level (my) and how to avoid them?
I achieved success in running game in Original DOOM (very helpful was compilation of the level with ZenNode nodebuilder - it's the best), but DOOM hanging after attemts to save in any place.

entryway said:

I wonder if somebody could explain me restrictions of the original DOOM for saving the game in a large level (my) and how to avoid them?

The only way to avoid these restrictions is to make your level significantly smaller. Doom has only a limited size for savegames. Normally this is exceeded somewhere between a size of 350-500kb.

Every thing, line and sector is saving some status information and if it gets too much, Doom complains.