Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

Wow......

Didn't realize how sweet QDOOM was. I just hope it'll run better when my download of DirectX 8.0 is installed (goddamn this 56k connection!!!)

I still don't understand QDooM, I mean, it's a great job and all...but isn't easier to just play Quake?

Hell, I'd sooner do all the work of putting the Quake resources into Doom than trying load up one of the fucking impossible mapmakers for that game.

Didn't realize how sweet QDOOM was.

Very nice level design, made nicer by EDGE. However, the pervasive use of brown textures was a let-down -- much like it was with Quake.

Didn't realize how sweet QDOOM was. I just hope it'll run better when my download of DirectX 8.0 is installed (goddamn this 56k connection!!!)

Gaming magazines usually put those stuff on their cover cds. Also some freebies from time to time.

You should have seen me some time ago when I heard that Apple Germany forbade computer magazines to continue providing free updates of Apple software through their cover cds (for example Quicktime 4 or the OpenGL software). Arrgh, Apple - and I am one of your loyal users :/

I like fanatic's music more than his QDoom. In fact, I don't even bother to download it cuz quake sucks

Classic deathmatch for Half-Life is better...I don't know how I got it, but I found it on my hard drive one day, and wheee...its great. All the hardcore Half-Life deathmatchers go there, though.

And then there's the guy who ported ALL of the original Doom maps to Quake 2... I was playing those the other day. He's got all 4 Doom 1 eps, plus all of Doom 2. He did a nice job, except for a few little proportional bugs (where you have to crouch to get through a doorway or something) and the use of Q2 monsters rather than trying to translate the Doom monsters. It was fun, tho.

I like fanatic's music more than his QDoom. In fact, I don't even bother to download it cuz quake sucks

I LOVE QUAKE! I LOVE DOOM! DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!

/me draws .45 and backs into cornor, cluching his doom and quake boxes

Hell, I'd sooner do all the work of putting the Quake resources into Doom than trying load up one of the fucking impossible mapmakers for that game.

What are you talking about?!

I used quake maps just to get up to doom level editing!

mind you, I use qoole, wich is quake level editing for stupid people.

Classic deathmatch for Half-Life is better...I don't know how I got it, but I found it on my hard drive one day

It was packaged with the 1107 update. It wasn't optional

qdoom just showed off what edge could do and nothing more. as for quake editors being bad, they are easier than doom editors. i cant even make a basic doom map, well ok i can with a base but thats it. Quake editors are easy as long as u can think in 3d