Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

DENIED!

Have you ever been denied, like you try to install something and it says its not there but it is? Man I hate that. Happened to me with some video drivers. I was ready to install them when it told me they didn't exsist when they're obviously right there!

Wrong version or wrong file. Sound Blasters are notorious for this. I have an SB128 on one computer, and had to get right down to the model number on the card to get the right drivers. Simply knowing the name of the card wasn't enough. LAME.

Yes it is annoying. You can almost put up with being denied something by a human but when a computer does it it feels so stupid.

I remember when Quake2 first came out. I rushed home from the shop with the game and tried to install it only to be faced with a warning screen telling me that this was the european version of Q2 and was not intended for use on american PCs. It refused to install. I live in the UK and so much swearing could be heard by my neighbours!

It turned out that when i'd installed windows I hadn't paid any attention to the region settings (it didn't seem that important at the time). Half an hour later I'd figured out what the problem was, made the changes and installed the game. It pissed me off though.

yea that happens, i remember that being a fiarly comon problem with quake 2. however i dont really remember that being an issue with new games or even older games.

I got denied with UT the other day. You see, I'm not allowed to install games without permission, but I do it if it doesn't have an installer. I have UT on a disc so it didn't have to install so I could just put it on. I tried to hide it so no one would find out about it. It put it in some folder which was in 12 other folders just for security reasons. I updated to the V436 patch and it said it needed files so I led it to where the game was and it said it wasn't. It was surely there. The path was totally correct. So, now I have to put UT in a more public place. It may just get found out now...

Yeah, denial may say "Cannot be found," but it's really saying "Fuck off you donkey raping shit eater."