Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Ultimate DooMer

Possible forum issue?

I dunno if this is intended behaviour or not, but if I spend a long time on a post and then return to the index afterwards (I think that's the cause), all the 'new post' markers disappear, as if I'd left the forums, closed my connection and then came back again. I sat this because it doesn't normally do that (it retains the new post markers that were on when I first came on, even when not using the back button).

Is this another one of those weird vB/php issues or is it just me?

It happens to me as well. It seems like if I leave a window open on the forums and go to something else, I will come back and everything will be marked read. It's annoying at times.

It's because those posts are no longer new since the forum assumes you've left the forums.

Sessions time out after a certain number of minutes, so if you're inactive for that amount of time, it counts your next browsing activity as a new visit and resets all of the "new post" markers.

That feature is fine; or else all the shit you don't check and you don't care about would still show up as new if you didn't click on it first or if you didn't clear the list manually.

Bah. Not really much of an issue. I am however getting sick of being suddenly logged out for no reason, or randomly getting "page not found” messages.

It doesn't really log you out. Just refresh.

Captain Red said:

Bah. Not really much of an issue. I am however getting sick of being suddenly logged out for no reason, or randomly getting "page not found” messages.

I get the same stuff. What is the cause of this?

Terra-jin said:

I get the same stuff. What is the cause of this?

problems with TF's php and the server in general. just ignore it and refresh and it will work as normal.