Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Darkstalker

LOTR Trilogy

Has anyone bought it ? I don't know if I should buy them seperatly or buy the trilogy box. I've been thinking of buying it but before I do I want to ask something. I searched on google and red that each movie on the trilogy box has preview of their extended version. Does that mean that it doesn't have the whole extended parts in it ?

What's the point of buying the super expensive trilogy set thing, it's loaded with crap you'll never watch.

Alientank said:

What's the point of buying the super expensive trilogy set thing, it's loaded with crap you'll never watch.

Parpahrase: The Lord of the Rings: Crap I'd never watch again.

Darkstalker said:

Does that mean that it doesn't have the whole extended parts in it ?

yes.

I'm waiting for the extended version of the last movie to come out. Then I can get all three and just waste half the day watching the movies all in a row.

Ichor said:

I'm waiting for the extended version of the last movie to come out. Then I can get all three and just waste half the day watching the movies all in a row.

I don't know why anyone would make movie 3 hours and a half long. I'd seriously sleep at the cinema during that movie.

Lutrov71 said:

I don't know why anyone would make movie 3 hours and a half long. I'd seriously sleep at the cinema during that movie.

I actually did that. My friends and I went to the bar and then decided to see the film again. Maybe it wasn't somuch sleeping as passed out... but when the intermission screen came on, I snapped awake and said "holy crap is it over already!?"

Lutrov71 said:

Heh, at my theaters you'd probably be raped or robbed if you did this :P

SunlapseVertigo said:

i havent seen any of them yet. i do have the 1st 2 on dvd though. its just all they hype just seems to turn me off rather than on to them.

That's a shame, because even the hype doesn't match the quality of the movies. In fact, they did scale back on the advertising for this very reason: People can get sick of a movie before they even see it.

Darkstalker said:

Has anyone bought it ? I don't know if I should buy them seperatly or buy the trilogy box. I've been thinking of buying it but before I do I want to ask something. I searched on google and red that each movie on the trilogy box has preview of their extended version. Does that mean that it doesn't have the whole extended parts in it ?

The ROTK EE isn't coming out until November or possibly later, the version out right now (as well as the trilogy boxed set) are just the theatrical versions. I assume there will be a EE boxed set released around the same time as the ROTK EE comes out (just the three packaged together for people who haven't bought them, same as the theatrical set).

Furthermore, I remember hearing from a making-of documentary that the initial "final cut" of the Fellowship movie was about 4 and a half hours long before they began editing it down. I think a similar full/"extended"/theatrical ratio of footage length applies to the following two movies as well, so there will probably be a super mega deluxe extended box set after the official extended box set, which I'll be anxiously awaiting :P