Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Katarhyne

excellent music to jam while doom'n

You cannot Jam to music whilst playing Doom. You'd look a right pillock.

On the other hand your spelling makes you look like a wrong polack.

What Happened to listening to death metal while playing doom
try some morbid angel or cannibal corpse maybe some
death
please no more electronic noise

What Happened to listening to death metal while playing doom

I used to play to Sepultura's Chaos A.D. back in the day, although that isn't so much death as their older stuff was.

I used to listen to Moonspell and Celestial Season, old school black metal too like Disembowled. I mean, they had great lyrics but it you couldn't hear a word from those fuckers. =)

For a while then I was into cranking up Fields of the Nephilim for Hexen then it was Type O Negative then Orgy for Blood.

I appreciate the original sound tracks most of all, without doubt.

For Hexen, I'd put in this old sega cd game Stellar Fire, it was a bit techno-y for Hexen but it also had some really creepy tracks. I made a WAD with a custom MAPINFO lump specifying which tracks to play for what maps. It was too repetitive to go through the whole game like that, but one hub at a time (especially Shadow Wood) was a hell of a way to spend the evening :)

My favorite Doom music experience was playing a Doom megawad with a lot of dark areas while listening to (sorry Lüt) Pretty Hate Machine. I was actually borowing that album from a friend. That was the first time I heard a NIN album all the way through...the music fit the wad so fuckin perfectly.

Even though I never listened to these bands while playing Doom (I only have their mp3s, and mp3s+doom = no sound), they would probably fit pretty well:
Genitorterers, Apoptygma Berzerk, Monster Magnet (they rule), KMFDM, Gary Numan, and possibly Lunatic Calm.

Like a lot NIN songs, most of the song can be described as complete discord or chaos.

Sounds to me like you've never heard Pretty Hate Machine or The Fragile (= ass).

Actually I have. Pretty Hate Machine doesn't count as most of the songs. And yes I think most of The Fragile can be described in that way. Although I haven't listened to the second disc for quite awhile. But discord can be defined as tension or strife resulting from lack of harmony, which is a pleasing combination of elements in a whole. Obviously I wouldn't describe it as discord if I found that most of the combinations of elements in his songs pleasing. Although I also feel that it is pleasing at the same time in a way. Slight discomfort can sometimes be comforting in other ways at the same time. For example: Sometimes I find that I can fall asleep faster with slight physical discomfort, because it can distract my though, which at that time, are causing mental strain and insomnia.

I have pretty good sound with mp3's while playing doom.
Try using winamp and turning off dooms music

But then you don't get the soundFX either.

Come to think of it, if I could just have a CD of agonized screams not set to any music at all, that'd be perfect for Doom.

I WANT THAT

Kraftwerk 0wns you!

I'm the operator with my pocket calculator!!!!!

We are programed just to do...

Bah! I jam to the DOOM midis damnit! Oh and the DOOM mp3s from Elbryan's site!

Good lad!

The only time i turn the music off is during DM. otherwise
MIDI MIDI JOY!!!

Come to think of it, if I could just have a CD of agonized screams not set to any music at all, that'd be perfect for Doom.

I WANT THAT

Come get some.

I WANT THAT

You guys are FUCKED UP!!!!!!!

Seriously, get professional help ASAP.

I WANT THAT

Me too, what's it called?

"Hell's Bells"

/me senses an attempt to promote AC/DC.

"Hell's Bells"

/me senses an attempt to promote MIRC

"Hell's Bells"

AC/DC rules, but not while dooming :)

"Hell's Bells"

/me senses an attempt to promote baby oil sales

Except that the drummer doesn't know what a tom is.

I don't like their albums. I have a double-live box set, that's all I listen to from them.

coop'ed through DOOM II to Tristania's albums last week,
mainly the latest one "World of Glass". worked very well.

Guest ZZ_TOPPER_X

I always thought Metallica and NIN midi's fit right into Doom. But Doom's midi's are sweet.

coop'ed through DOOM II to Tristania's albums last week,

Dude, I haven't listen to Widow's Weeds in AGES, I think I'll dig that up right now. Thank you thank you thank you.

it gets to this brief point were it starts to flow and sounds soothing

Nine Inch Nails, The Beauty of Being Numb. I think the noisy part is by Aphex.

Nine Inch Nails, The Beauty of Being Numb. I think the noisy part is by Aphex.

Hah, you overestimate Reznor so much. Aphex did the musical part. The "noisy" part is a few of the loops from Mr. Self Destruct played backwards. COMPLETE WITH A FADE-IN!! You know, cuz Reznor's such a genius.