• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ultraviolet

Questions that won't be asked about Iraq

Found this posted at another forum.

http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2002/cr091002.htm

The TV was on behind me, and shortly after I read that, I heard about a convoy that wrecked in Iraq. They quickly cut to footage of dancing, rejoicing, happy Iraqis. I had heard elsewhere that the footage of Iraqis celebrating "nineeleven" was pre-recorded from some festival happening over there before the attacks. How am I to believe that anything on any news program is true anymore?

I'm getting quite uneasy about all this. You know, moreso than before. I just love how safe the world is thanks to Emperor Bush! HEIL!

Hooray for Dr. Ron Paul, the only registered Libertarian in Congress.. even though he was forced to run as a Republican.

Well, he posted that list a year and a half ago, I think the point there is that they haven't been answered :P

Those are stupid questions that don't even matter. You guys can't see what is the real reason that the Iraq "conflict is going on and why it is so importaint.

Ultraviolet said:

I had heard elsewhere that the footage of Iraqis celebrating "nineeleven" was pre-recorded from some festival happening over there before the attacks. How am I to believe that anything on any news program is true anymore?

Yeah, that footage was actually really shot after 9/11, but it was staged... reporters and cameramen who were in the middle east at the time of 9/11 went into coffee shops or bars and offered people things (one woman was offered pie, for example) to celebrate, but many of them (if any) had no clue what the footage would be used for.

CNN and a few other networks (I saw it on CNN though) aired the footage shortly after 9/11 (the same day in fact) but later retracted it saying that the footage was from a few years ago and had nothing to do with 9/11, but that was only circulated within the US.

Re: The media. I have read many tech/computer articles (this is a field I'm very familiar with) which have had a good amount of facts fucked up. One that comes to mind right off was an article saying you could get that JPG virus just by having an 'infected' JPG on your computer, which is of course 100% false. So if they can manage to get shit like that wrong, I really have to wonder what else they get wrong.

Disorder said:

Then why don't you explain it to us?

You were obviously educated stupid and cannot understand that these questions are part of evil Word education. You must embrace the Time Cube.

Just met a friend of mine who's been spending the past few months in Poland-- he claims most Polish are aware of another imminent terrorist attack in America. The target is either Washington, Boston, or New York. He's also aware that we(America) have not had any warning of this... and that much is obvious. Apparently the plan is 100% complete... can anyone confirm this?

Goliath said:

Those are stupid questions that don't even matter. You guys can't see what is the real reason that the Iraq "conflict is going on and why it is so importaint.

it sure as hell matters...it's called propaganda...it's used to sway public opinion

Disorder said:

Then why don't you explain it to us?

okay let me lay this down once and for all. Look at it this way, You have a entire region and a entire group of people that hate western civilization,mostly the US. So "how to you make sure that terrorists feel threatened enough to stop boming American cities?" The don't react very well to diplomatic negotiating so.... now what do you do. This is a very different time. It isn't like WWII where we have a country to bomb. These days there are just rebels from what ever country usually backed by some kind of goverment support, coverlty ofcource. But now you have a problem because you don't have any one to punish. So it comes down to know a eye for a eye. Even if you didn't have anything to do with it. There already is another country in the world that already does this, Israel. So back to my argument. Those questions don't really matter because we aren't threatened by Iraq but they are led by a terrorist who backs them with large abounts of money. Now other than that Saddam really didn't do anything wrong, right. Well if I was a country like Iran Saudi Arabia I would be shaking in my little boots. So do you guys see. We are putting the blame of terroism on the hands of the leaders. Now these people already did anything to get into power, murder and thing like that. So now that they are threatened by the fact that hell George Bush might just go to war for no reason at all other than the fact that he thinks you might harbor terrorism. I'll tell you one thing if I was a leader of Iran I would be getting my people into order right away. See because if something happens in the US we have 140,000 troops about 250 miles, away from every country in the world that really hates us. So are you guys seeing that it is more or less a fear factor type thing. They know that if something happens in the US anything at all they are out of power. And that fear is what the war in Iraq is accomplishing. Nothing else but control and hell it might not work, fighting this kind of war is new to the whole world and other countries might feel that it is wrong but if 9-11 happened in your country what would you do.

maybe we should look into why they hate us? hmmm...a christian nation that protects/helps a jewish one that has been/will be forever at war over sacred ground with palestinians.

If you honestly think they hate us because of "jealousy of freedom" or some such other BS...

you don't plan and execute a 9/11 type suicide attack because you want a big mac and a car...besides, those that did it, were living/going to school here anyway!

Numbermind said:

can anyone confirm this?

We are not supposed to tell you this.

Quast said:

maybe we should look into why they hate us? hmmm...a christian nation that protects/helps a jewish one that has been/will be forever at war over sacred ground with palestinians.

If you honestly think they hate us because of "jealousy of freedom" or some such other BS...

you don't plan and execute a 9/11 type suicide attack because you want a big mac and a car...besides, those that did it, were living/going to school here anyway!

It doesn't matter why the hate us. France and About everyother Eurpean country hate us. Do they fly commerical airplanes in to Builings..NO!!!

Numbermind said:

Just met a friend of mine who's been spending the past few months in Poland-- he claims most Polish are aware of another imminent terrorist attack in America. The target is either Washington, Boston, or New York. He's also aware that we(America) have not had any warning of this... and that much is obvious. Apparently the plan is 100% complete... can anyone confirm this?

America isn't that stupid. We invade privacy all the time and do pretty much what ever we want, and why... because the rest of the world is crazy and we can do what ever we want. :)

Goliath said:

It doesn't matter why the hate us. France and About everyother Eurpean country hate us. Do they fly commerical airplanes in to Builings..NO!!!

Exaggerate a little more, please.
And even France and Germany don't really hate you, they despise your foreign policy perhaps, but that's far from true hate.

Goliath said:

It doesn't matter why the hate us.

Actually it DOES matter...if we can't get to the bottom if why...then nothing will change and we will only see animosity and war

America isn't that stupid. We invade privacy all the time and do pretty much what ever we want, and why... because the rest of the world is crazy and we can do what ever we want. :)

That is the stupidest, most ignorant thing i have ever read.

If it weren't for America, a lot of Middle Eastern countries might even be well-functioning nations today instead of the miserable husks of poverty that they are now.

Hardly surprising that so many Arabs hate the USA - poor bastards.

Quast said:

Actually it DOES matter...if we can't get to the bottom if why...then nothing will change and we will only see animosity and war

That is the stupidest, most ignorant thing i have ever read.

I was being scarcastic. Do you know of the patriot act? If you do then you would see the humor, it kinda goes against the Constitution in about every way. And for that , they hate us because some guy named Muhammad back in 500 A.D. said that everybody who isn't a muslim is wrong, or some kind of psycho babble.

dsm said:

If it weren't for America, a lot of Middle Eastern countries might even be well-functioning nations today instead of the miserable husks of poverty that they are now.

Hardly surprising that so many Arabs hate the USA - poor bastards.

Actually no, If we (western civilization) didn't buy trillions of dollars of oil every year then yes your right they would be even more poverty infested. If we weren't there they would still be killing each other just like they have been for the last 2000 years.
The have to behave enough so that we keep writing checks.

Goliath said:

The have to behave enough so that we keep writing checks.

So I guess the US selling weapons to countries in that region would be a good practice to eliminate?

They don't hate us as much as you think, I'm sure. They have day to day LIVES to keep their attention, just like we do. If I were to be standing in the middle of Baghdad right now, I bet that within the first 2 hours I could count on zero hands (and no cheating with the toes!) the number of rabid Iraqis that tried to chew my throat out.

Bullying isn't right, either.

The fact that ISRAEL does something is a clear sign that we should AVOID that policy.

Goliath, know so many that don't live here and they don't hate America. Watch C-Span and l34rn. Your first step is to learn teh edit button.

Faint, where can I get this time cube you speak of? :)

GooberMan said:

So I guess the US selling weapons to countries in that region would be a good practice to eliminate?

Yes!!!!!!!!

Ultraviolet said:

Goliath, you are a motherfucking idiot. They don't hate us as much as you think, I'm sure. They have day to day LIVES to keep their attention, just like we do. If I were to be standing in the middle of Baghdad right now, I bet that within the first 2 hours I could count on zero hands (and no cheating with the toes!) the number of rabid Iraqis that tried to chew my throat out.

Bullying isn't right, either.

The fact that ISRAEL does something is a clear sign that we should AVOID that policy.

Dumbfuck.

Israel has being dealing with this kind of stuff for 50 years. They are considered one of the top five stongest nations in the world. So they are doing something right.

And im not saying that they all hate us, besides Baghdad is our military head quarters, we have it pretty much under control. See I know that not all of them hate us just like not all the Nazis killed jews. But a few....huu.. a lot of bad apples spoil the whole bunch. Sense you don't no who is a radical arab you just have to assume that every person in Iraq is going to kill you. That is what every solider from every country is doing. And about getting your throat slit try going to Al Falluja or Karbala, or An Najaf, or Al Amarah or another city that we don't fully control. I guarantee they won't disappoint me.

ur a dum lol

Might does not make right. Israel being a "strong country" doesn't fucking mean shit. It most likely means that the country is run by untrustable power/war-mongers.

You know that kid that got executed over there? There's a lot of doubt that it was (Arab) terrorists who did it. In fact, the only support was that the media said that it was perpetrated by terrorists.

I was talking about members of the general population assaulting me, not militants/rebels who are actively involved in firefights with US troops.

The majority of people worldwide are neutral. They don't hate any given nation or population.

Ultraviolet said:

The majority of people worldwide are neutral. They don't hate any given nation or population.

We aren't talking about the world we are talking about arabs or Muslims, or atleast I am.

Goliath said:

We aren't talking about the world we are talking about arabs or Muslims, or atleast I am.

I am arab and I want you dead.