Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bashe

What's the scariest thing you've ever seen?

Have you ever seen something so scary in your life?

One time, I left my door open and I though I saw someone out there. From that point on, I never slept with my door open again. And that was like 4 years ago.

Dude... seriously. No joking around in this one. Be serious about your replies.

Heh, I know. Anyway, back when I was a kid, I lived near the beach. I absolutely despised jellyfish. I've been stung far too many times (once is too many) and back then I was deathly afraid of those things.

Ichor said:

Seeing Bashe in his room four years ago.

roflmao, hahahahahahahahaha.....

IT was right after i watched Candy Man and I was like 5 and my dad came into my room at night with a Foil Hook wrapped around his hand and I got so scared I started to cry and i might have pissed myself ...... :(

We can also talk about nightmares, too. But, it would be better if we just talked about what we saw or experienced that was scary.

hmm... not nightmares or movies eh?

tough one.

i guess it would have to be the time i was reading fellowship of the ring for the first time. i was reading the bit (journey in the dark) about the party in moria and frodo thinking he sees two eyes shimmering in the pitch-black underground city, following them.

by now i am riveted to the pages.

I hear a noise in my doorway, and i see two glowing yellow eyes near the bottom! i fucking jumped out of my bed man!

it was my cats eyes reflecting my lamplight, but holy shit i was freaked!

Well... I guess we could do movies, but only if you have never been scared or freaked out in real life.

Now, about 7 years ago, my parents would sometimes go out to dinner, and I would be all alone. It got dark and I was too lazy to turn the lights on. I would just go into my room and close the door, then hide under the covers. I got really scared. I thought my dog would walk by and my heart would stop. I use to think (get this) Boba Fett was in my house. Man I was stupid. I told my brother and my friend this a few years ago and they wouldn't stop picking on me about it. Man... Boba Fett... what was I thinking?

When I was young, my dad did some really stupid prank. He took a pen and pretended to ram it through his hand and had a mini ketchup bottle that he put some ketchup on his hand. I really don't know what he expected me today, but I ran screaming bloody murder to my mother. Then I played 32X doom map15 and the Baron chased me to the start of the map and I got scared more. After that we went out to eat. I remember the entire night!

We have this silly tradition here for people turning 50. We put lifelike dolls in the frontyard to let passers by know that the person living there just turned 50. Old looking dolls, with masks. They usually hold up signs telling jokes about the person turning 50.

A couple of days ahead of my dad turning 50 my sisters had put the doll (more like a scarecrow) in the shed. I came home from a night of boozing with my friends and I opened up the door to the shed to get the keys to the door of the house when I suddenly stood face to face with a big mean burglar (or so I thought). When I had the guts to turn on the light after about 5 seconds of being completely paralized I was quite relieved to see it was only a doll. One of the scariest things that ever happened to me.

I had this dream about a haunted house. I was apparently some sort of paranormal researcher and heard the story about the mysterious death of young twins(boy and girl) at the house. I can't remember the details exactly of how the plot unfolded, but the house had this very creepy 30's-hotel look(like the one from Kubrick's The Shining). Anyway, there was a point in the dream where I finally met the twins as ghosts-- they appeared sitting at a piano. There was this tense moment where they acknowledged me, and I proceeded to inquire about their situation while trying not to unsettle them enough to leave.

Eventually, they trusted me enough to give me information. I asked them the last thing they could remember, and they paused for a moment. The little boy's eyes turned blood red as he got this terrified look on his face. He was looking just past my shoulder. He pointed, and I slowly turned around. Coming out of the wall behind me was a panorama of the most hideous, grotesque face I had ever seen.

I woke up suddenly, with that "whew" feeling... but then the face came back. It was kind of superimposed upon my view on the bedroom, and it scared the shit out of me. It wasn't until I jumped out of bed and ran halfway out of the apartment that the vision finally faded.

That's not the SCARIEST thing I've ever seen, but it ranks up there.

I came up upon the skeleton of a dog when venturing in the woods about 6-8 years ago. It scared the shit out of me.

AgentSpork said:

I came up upon the skeleton of a dog when venturing in the woods about 6-8 years ago. It scared the shit out of me.

Skeletons used to scare me shitless as a tiny kid until I had a nightmare (or scary dream - whatever) in which a nice, friendly skeleton helped some kids - wacky? yes.

The skeleton was probably a pedophile or something anyway...

I woke up one morning and started vomiting. Normally this wouldn't bother me but I had large amounts of blood in my vomit. Seeing that much blood in my puke scared me, I thought I was going to die.

I found my dead cat laying in the barn with cobwebs all over him. Not the scariest... but something to add to the discussion.

One time, I had a dream that I was having a dream that Green Day came to my house. I was stoked, but the Billie Joe got shot in the head.

It was disgusting.

Okay maybe that wasn't scary, but it was shocking.

Okay, I was having a dream where every 10 seconds, it will play this scary music and Jason would chase me around. I woke up and I felt really weird.

Well one time I went out to the barnyard late at night to feed my dog and on the way back I heard some loud snarling and took off at a full sprint back to my house, with something on my tail. I caught a glimpse of red eyes a few meters away right before I got in the house.

Turned out later that someone in our trailer park had this big nasty half-wolf thing as a pet. They decided to let the damn thing loose and it killed off all our chickens and ducks one night. Eventually we got the damn thing sent off to animal control.

Expiriance: My scary experience was my halucination when I had Incubus Syndrome; Me, my youngest sister and an old man were suffocating. I thought I was dying for real, my older sister was saving the the younger sister, I tried to scream her name but since I was paralysed for real I couldn't make a sound. Now not hearing my own scream was the scariest part of the experiance - the harder I tried the more horrible it was.

Movies: The movie Signs did it for me. The movie in itself was shit, but the cat infested streets - all doing the reflective eye trick - and the busted boarding house light that flickers green stopped me sleeping.

Dream: Being electrocuted by my keyboard, and then being stabbed by acartoon dragon with a rapier(sp?)

Seen: I watched 15 minutes of a cat being eaten inside out by maggots the locals had implanted larvea in to see what would happen. This took place in Oman. I refuse to die that way or in my sleep(Experience).

Janderson said:

Expiriance: My scary experience was my halucination when I had Incubus Syndrome; Me, my youngest sister and an old man were suffocating. I thought I was dying for real, my older sister was saving the the younger sister, I tried to scream her name but since I was paralysed for real I couldn't make a sound. Now not hearing my own scream was the scariest part of the experiance - the harder I tried the more horrible it was.

Wow... just... wow.

That would be very scary. I would shoot myself after experiencing that.

Various scary-ish stuff...

Just half an hour ago a fire broke out in a hedge at the front of the house. When I saw it at first, it was quite scary (like a medium-sized bonfire in the middle of a big hedge, and apparently too much to bring under control on my own), so I called the fire brigade. When I reached it carrying a bucket of water it had already shrunk of its own accord. Several buckets of water later, the firemen arrived to find little more than smouldering branches.

An imp in a vine area in Icarus map04 nearly gave me a heart attack once.

A ski run called Snake Pit at Heavenly was pretty damned scary. Any fall there would most likely have led to a major injury, and the run did its damnedest to make you fall.

On another ski trip, my father fell almost the entire length of Deception at Aspen Highlands. From my viewpoint, that was more worrying than scary though - I expected to find just a pile of gibs at the bottom, but by some miracle he was unharmed.

I've had two scary moments when flying:
1) Some years ago, a flight from London to Geneva suffered an engine failure about half an hour after take-off, and had to return to London and make an emergency landing. "The fire engines and ambulances are just there as a precaution; there's nothing to worry about." The engine failure involved three loud bangs and a great big flame coming out of the back of the engine.
2) A few months ago, a flight from Bristol to Milan Turin had to abort its take-off at more or less the last moment due to a warning light for one of the engines. The force and noise with which it braked made most people assume it was trying to avoid a collision. The cabin crew looked shit scared too. It turned out it was just an instrumentation failure.

Edit: Why have I always got Turin and Milan mixed up? Weird. I've never even been to Milan.

I had a dream once, when I was a lot younger, where me and my whole family was walking through a hallway, medium lighting. The carpet was blue and the walls and ceiling were white, it was a pretty narrow hallway. But the whole thing was like a big meat locker, except there was no steam and instead of huge racks of meat there were cocoon-like hanging things. I told my parents I didn't want to go any further, but they said we had to, and their eyes were wide open and miscolored.

We continued, and I seemed to have gotten lost. At a corner in the hallway(and the hallway and cocoons continued forever), there was a door, and since i didn't see them in the hallway i thought they had gone in the door. When I opened it, I was in a massive cathedral-like circular room, with three large pillars and blood red carpeting.

I looked around, and saw no sign of anyone, and on my second time turning around, I saw my brother, eyes large and red, and then he screeched and stretched his jaw to the floor, and it kind of twisted and retracted. Then I woke up and screamed. It was quite disturbing.

Anyway, around this same time I had many disturbing dreams for a few months, not sure why. I may post more of them up here if I can recall enough of them.

Grazza said:

1) Some years ago, a flight from London to Geneva suffered an engine failure about half an hour after take-off, and had to return to London and make an emergency landing. "The fire engines and ambulances are just there as a precaution; there's nothing to worry about." The engine failure involved three loud bangs and a great big flame coming out of the back of the engine.

I'm quite uneasy about hieghts and plane rides. I always think the plane will just suddenly explode and we'll all die. And I always think as we're going over water that we'll crash into the water and die drowning. It's all 9-11's fault.

Bashe said:

Wow... just... wow.

That would be very scary. I would shoot myself after experiencing that.

I nearly did, but I didn't have a gun. :-)
And a friend cured it for me.

Bashe said:

I'm quite uneasy about hieghts and plane rides. I always think the plane will just suddenly explode and we'll all die. And I always think as we're going over water that we'll crash into the water and die drowning. It's all 9-11's fault.

Flying doesn't trouble me in itself (I've been on about 100 flights, including a trip from the UK to NZ last year, final destination: NZQN). Loud bangs from the engines are a different matter, of course. I also felt "a tad uneasy" one time I was arriving at Heathrow at a time when there had been news reports of some terrorists with an anti-aircraft weapon active in the area.