Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Spidercyberdemon

Another poll about DOOM levels (type of levels)

What is your favorite type of DOOM level  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite type of DOOM level

• Tech-based
    • Citylike
    • Hellish
    • Icon of Sin-type levels
    • Levels with a few monsters (1-100)
    • Levels with some monsters (150-500)
    • Levels with a lot of monsters (501-999)
    • PURE CHAOS! (1000+)
    • Levels with new monsters, new weapons (EBDOOM)
    • \"Deluxe\" levels (Sourceport like EDGE, ZDOOM etc.)

What is your favorite kind of Doom level? Do you like tech levels, Hellish levels (like me), or city-like levels? Please vote on the poll. Multiple Votes are allowed since I am adding "Icon of Sin" type-levels, and more.

ZDaemon Capture the FLag maps.

Aside from that, Deathmatch maps.

Therefore, your poll fails it.

city-type

realism rules in my book... well, for as far as cities full of hell creatures can be considered realism :-)

Tech-based citylike hellish Icon of Sin-type levels with a few monsters (1-100), some monsters (150-500) and a lot of monsters (501-999), PURE CHAOS! (1000+), with new monsters, new weapons (EBDOOM), that are "Deluxe" levels (Sourceport like EDGE, ZDOOM etc.).

ALL AT ONCE!

Bwaha.

Spidercyberdemon said:

PURE CHAOS! (1000+)

If I was to design a level with 1000 rooms, each having only one monster in, I'd hardly describe it as PURE CHAOS! More like PURE BOREDOM!

Tech and Hellish maps with <100 monsters and good level design/ideas.

Tech bases is my favourite kind and me favourite are desert tech bases, yeah. Not only that, blend tech with anything-ancient, industrail, alien and You always get a cool looking level.

Tech maps, because you left off Goth maps you twit. I think the only reason I even like to map or play maps is for the architectual aspects, though. It's funny that I hated CAD class and have never wanted to become an architect, yet I love drawing maps, as a kid did nothing but build with legos (minus playing Sonic the rest the time), and love to make Quake 3 & DooM maps.

Unfortunately, the number of maximum options is extremely limited (10, and I have reached the max). So, please do not consider my poll to be dumb, I am unable to add more than 10 options. Also, I really consider Gothic type styles (the marble walls and such) to be somewhat hellish. So, if you are a Gothic type fan, just put that as Hellish if you want to (Since the marbled walls look hellish to me, especially those with the demonic faces and the ones with the hanging men).

I apologize for the inconvience of having a short poll. Unfortunately, there is not much I can do, since DOOMWORLD makes the maximum number of options so low.

Finally, if you do not know what EBDOOM is, you probably will like. Go to zxdware.net to learn about it. Unfortunately, the authors have probably abadoned it but there are 89+ monsters, new abilities (like you being resurrected by friendly archviles etc.) Finally, be sure to use EDGE 1.28 instead of EDGE 1.27 like it says, EDGE 1.28 goes faster.

ellmo said:

E1 style thrives!!! Ph33r the E1 tech style!

Damn straight

I sort of have a problem distinguishing "pure" tech levels that are littlered with that mettalic texture and computers everywhere with something like episode 2 level 4, which is mildly tech-themed. So yes, the tech theme is my favorite, but not when it's overdone. I guess the same applies to the Hellish theme too, though.

I love tech-based and hellish maps. City-based maps seem good too, but they're too hard for me to build in the DOOM engine. I'd use the Q2 engine for a city-based map.