Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Build level editor

i find it very damn easy to use. build was the first program that i used to make great maps. (i made this really huge one about 3 years ago, but a nasty linux installation fucked up half the hd)

Is there a better build level editor then the one that comes whith duke3d/sw ect.?

AFAIK, there is no alternative to the Build editor that comes with the games.

Why would you want an alternative? It's the easiest editor I've ever used. I've even learned how to master it.

Well Build does crazy stupid shit when you're running from Windows. However, if I remember correctly, back when there was a DukeWorld.com they used to have regular updates for GLBuild or BuildTouch or some stupid ass named program. Anyway it was just like Build, except it ran for Windows, but it required OpenGL to function. That was back when I had my Trident 1024 by 768 so I couldn't test it.

And now, two video cards later I'm on a GeForce 2 MX and I have no fucking clue where those guys are. =P

Try searching PlanetDuke.com, since those greedy fuckhead Gamespy 'tards ended up gulping most of what DukeWorld had.

Is there a better build level editor then the one that comes whith duke3d/sw ect.? I've given up trying to use that one, it bites.

The Build Editor works crap on Windows ME/XP for a the best modified Build level editor here.

Well Build does crazy stupid shit when you're running from Windows. However, if I remember correctly, back when there was a DukeWorld.com they used to have regular updates for GLBuild or BuildTouch or some stupid ass named program. Anyway it was just like Build, except it ran for Windows, but it required OpenGL to function. That was back when I had my Trident 1024 by 768 so I couldn't test it.

OpenGLBT is a stand alone editor. They do not talk about it anymore, because it is complete. And works under windows, with or without OpenGL.

honestly i never eally did much with build, never liked duke all that much either. however i can do many things with worldcraft, and tread3d. I would really learn solid/brush based editing for todays games