Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cassandra

about zdoom launcher

I can't run the Master Levels or any other single wad with the Zdoom Launcher... They don't seem to be detected.
When I choose a map, for example "Attack" placed in 01, it runs "Entryway"...Even if I select "custom wad"

In fact, I'd like to start recording demos with this launcher. I find it much easier to proceed with than the command line (I hate the command line !)

Isn't it possible to run other maps than the standard ones (doom.wad, doom2.wad, tnt.wad and plutonia.wad) ?

Thanx for any precisions.

Don't listen to Lament. I think the WAD or WADs have to be highlighted as well as the checkbox being checked. Believe me, I had the same problem, so I tried highlighting (selecting) them, and they worked!

Also, make sure that each folder in the directory path of the WAD is no more than 8 characters long. (i.e., c:\program files\... would NOT be vaid, and the wad will not play!)

Don't listen to Lament.

Actually, do.

There is no other way.

/me offers myself to the command line.

There is no other way.

While the command line is an acceptable way of Starting up DooM, it can be somewhat cumbersome (especially in Win2K, where the Command Prompt is buried under Accessories). A couple of alternatives are to either create a shortcut to the command line and put it on the desktop, or to write a batch file that can be easily edited when necessary.

ZDLauncher, the only one I've used for ZDooM, had multiple problems and I abandoned it. It's batch files all the way for me now.

especially in Win2K, where the Command Prompt is buried under Accessories

SO MOVE IT TO THE MAIN MENU!!!!

(especially in Win2K, where the Command Prompt is buried under Accessories).

start->run->"cmd"(enter)

there IS no other way.

I'm using Win2k and I never succeeded launching Doom with the command line.
It's not a lie, this is the awful truth...

So, how do you do that magic thing ?
Where are your Doom folders placed on your hard drive ?
What is the command line to record a demo ?
(I always forget that unlearnable command...)
I'm using Zdoom.

Thanx again

Yeah, in order to actually return a value to the rest of the program, a list object needs one item highlighted. One of the many "weird things" you misunderstand as "Windows horrible, horrible bugs" when you're coding...

Don't listen to Lament.

Actually, do.

There is no other way.

/me offers myself to the command line.

Ummmmmmmmm.......no dude, no.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I like the launcher better than anything else. And WTF do you mean there is no other way??? I just explained it to here that ther IS, NUMBNUTS!!!!

Sorry, I had to vent. I'm OK now.