Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Janderson

Designer Demons

Ok guys, an agent of Id PMs you and asks you to design and create a demon or a batch of demons. What would be your contribution?

Probably a demon of some sort. Not quite sure though, but I would definately go for something demonic.

I would make a green octopus that is giving you the finger eight times and it's only attack are lasers coming out of it's tentacles. Oh, and I'd have a purple penguin with roller skates......OF DEATH!!

S1lent said:

I would make a green octopus that is giving you the finger eight times and it's only attack are lasers coming out of it's tentacles. Oh, and I'd have a purple penguin with roller skates......OF DEATH!!

Oh my god that is so damn stupid it's not even funny.

As for my idea? I'd probably create some sort of robot that's been taken over by Hell or something. It'd have a machine gun for a weapon, and could take 4 Shotgun blasts before dying. Most of the areas you'de fight it in would probably have cover (which can be destroyed by the robot, like boxes) to avoid it's attack.

A Hellish cybernetic hybrid Goat. Seriously. You see him a couple of times before you get to fight him. He just stares at you. Could be creepy. Goats can be scary.

Something similar to the original pinky demon, except much slower. Under it's skin there will be souls of people trying to escape the demon form. It has to be deformed a great deal, but not so much that looks like a blob of something. It absorbs matter, to an extent, so they are tough to deal with.

I shouldn't be trusted with monster design though, I am terrible.

Darkman 4 said:

As for my idea? I'd probably create some sort of robot that's been taken over by Hell or something. It'd have a machine gun for a weapon, and could take 4 Shotgun blasts before dying. Most of the areas you'de fight it in would probably have cover (which can be destroyed by the robot, like boxes) to avoid it's attack.

Wow Darkman, lets pull the badger out of our ass and stop being such a jerk. If it wasn't funny, don't laugh and shutup.

Darkman 4 said:

As for my idea? I'd probably create some sort of robot that's been taken over by Hell or something.

An evil dishwasher?

Darkman 4, S1lent, I think you two need to kiss and make up!

"start to act a lot less stupid"

~Lets grow up just a little bit okay? Thanks. It's a public forum, seriously, get over it.

Disorder said:

A Hellish cybernetic hybrid Goat. Seriously. You see him a couple of times before you get to fight him. He just stares at you. Could be creepy. Goats can be scary.

BOO!! hah scared you

I'd design a level-sized creature that was in reality an amalgam of writhing people sewn together with metal cable. Kind of like a Living Wall from AD&D. He would be massive, seemingly having an outer shell of stretched limbs and torsos, and his head would be(of course) made of much smaller faces screaming in agony.

When you shoot him, body parts would fly off of his outer shell, eventually crumbling away to reveal a mechanical interior-- a skeleton seemingly comprised of bolts, blades, bloodied barbed wire, and other instruments of torture. He'd be impervious to bullets, so you'd have to rely on explosives.

He'd be a boss, obviously.

I'd create some sort of creepy looking demon that you only see in the dark part of the game and it has no eyes. It'd make certain noises to try and see where you are but you wouldent be able to see it as it hides in the shadows and climbs on walls and shit waiting to ambush you then tearing you apart with 6 inch retractable claws.
It also wouldent be that large a bit smaller then an imp but quite muscular with a large mouth full of serrated teeth.

I would like to see a departure from the old Doom designs, and a focus on traditional images of evil (goats, hooves etc.) and also gruesome and freakish designs. I don't think mechanical parts are needed.

grutsch said:

its got nothing to do with this thread... but its so cool, i couldnt resist... you have to turn it up, so you can understand everything.:
http://gallery.gettingripped.com/albums/troy/silly_commercial.mpeg

lol. Scared the shit out of me.

anyways. I would design a single version of one of the faces from the moving face wall in Doom II. It would come at you screaming...and uh. Ok nm. I wouldnt take the job.

A giant very dark blue (almost black) beetle. more crawling insect like things

i know doom doenst have water, but there could be SO many scary underwater things...

Numbermind said:

I'd design a level-sized creature that was in reality an amalgam of writhing people sewn together with metal cable. Kind of like a Living Wall from AD&D. He would be massive, seemingly having an outer shell of stretched limbs and torsos, and his head would be(of course) made of much smaller faces screaming in agony.

When you shoot him, body parts would fly off of his outer shell, eventually crumbling away to reveal a mechanical interior-- a skeleton seemingly comprised of bolts, blades, bloodied barbed wire, and other instruments of torture. He'd be impervious to bullets, so you'd have to rely on explosives.

He'd be a boss, obviously.

Sounds like Granfaloon from SoTN.

Anyway, I'd like to make strange hairless demon that is covered with scars and and strange markings. It's pale, white flesh would show off hideous vericose veins and it would move about by hobbling with it's weight mostly on it's knees...It would be clear that it's around when you hear a wheezing, rasping moan in the background. It's primary attack would be a few feeble slashes of it's marred hands toward the player, a half-hearted lunge or two. But the real attack lies within the monster itself. After taking so much damage, or at it's random discretion, this pus-dripping monster would plunge both of her hands into her chest and abdominal cavity and tear it open. This would cause it to wildly toss it's head about as it shrieks in pain, but a viscous black fluid would pour out of the cavity as well as a handful of fetus-like monsters that end up being consumed by the black fluid, which in turn becomes a shapeless creature made of bile and the corpses it consumed. This thing would consume any dead monsters or zombies as well and assimilates them into itself.

Job said:

Sounds like Granfaloon from SoTN.

Anyway, I'd like to make strange hairless demon that is covered with scars and and strange markings. It's pale, white flesh would show off hideous vericose veins and it would move about by hobbling with it's weight mostly on it's knees...It would be clear that it's around when you hear a wheezing, rasping moan in the background. It's primary attack would be a few feeble slashes of it's marred hands toward the player, a half-hearted lunge or two. But the real attack lies within the monster itself. After taking so much damage, or at it's random discretion, this pus-dripping monster would plunge both of her hands into her chest and abdominal cavity and tear it open. This would cause it to wildly toss it's head about as it shrieks in pain, but a viscous black fluid would pour out of the cavity as well as a handful of fetus-like monsters that end up being consumed by the black fluid, which in turn becomes a shapeless creature made of bile and the corpses it consumed. This thing would consume any dead monsters or zombies as well and assimilates them into itself.

Yeah, that does sound like that boss from Castlevania:sOtN. Man that game rocked.

A green octopus giving you the finger eight times...Gee S1lent, how obviously inspired by Red Vs Blue was that :P