Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scabbed Angel

Doom ³: The Movie

Planetdoom.com said:
DOOM Movie Changes Hands

Todd Hollenshead revealed in an interview recently that Warner Brothers, who had the rights to the DOOM movie, was almost out of time on their option of 15 months and if they didn't use the license, then it would be shopped around to another production studio. It seems Warners Brothers has in fact passed on the option for the DOOM movie and it has now been picked up by Universal Pictures. Dark Horizons also says that producers Lorenzo Di Bonaventura and John Wells, and Enda McCallion have been attached to the project and that the script, originated by Dave Callaham, is adapted from the plotline of the third game, which as we know is a re-telling of the first.

I wonder if this could change the alleged PG-13 rating.

I really hope DOOM isn't going to be PG-13....the game isn't even a Teen game so why would it be PG-13...it would seem more suitable for it to be R

Ironically, I just hope that the demons aren't all computer animated. I'd like to see the new Pinky done by Stan Winston Studios, but I doubt this will happen.

S1lent said:

I really hope DOOM isn't going to be PG-13....the game isn't even a Teen game so why would it be PG-13...it would seem more suitable for it to be R

That PG-13 thing was nothing more than a bad rumour.

ok, nvm then, thanks Shaviro.

Do you think the movie would be in 3D graphics, animated, or cast by real people and only the demons be animated (like most movies).

Do you think the movie would be in 3D graphics, animated, or cast by real people and only the demons be animated (like most movies).

Sweet mother of fucker, that's the smallest, most insignificant thing I'm worried about.

I'm already feeling WORRIED, movie based off of DOOM3? That means it's a big chance we won't any of the original DOOM demons in CG anime. I'm sure the D3 storyline would be much more well defined than the classic. But the whole world that knows doom are FAR more formiliar with the original cast of demons. And I would prefer to see all the original demons on the big screen BEFORE I see the redesigns demons.

I didn't ask if you were "worried" about it, I asked which one you thought the movie would be made in.

Todd Hellenshed or whatever his name is said that they are very happy with the script. You guys think we might actually get a half-decent Doom movie or do you think he is just bullshitting? My main fear is that the script is something that was clobbered together quickly by someone who doesn't give a damn about doom, to take advantage of the release of doom3. As for the format, if there has to be a doom movie I'd like it to be either live action with cg and animatronic creature effects, or a 2d hand drawn animation.

edit----------------------------

ok here is the actual status of the movie appearantly.

Hollenshead Clarifies Doom 3 Movie Status - 04 June 2004 13:30
HomeLAN has gotten a response from id Software's Todd Hollenshead on the current status of the Doom 3 movie rights, contradicting published reports that Universal now has the rights to make the FPS based film:

The movie rights have reverted to id, as Warner's option period expired. However, we remain a "free agent" at this time and multiple studios are interested in the project. The team of John Wells (ER, et. al.) and Lorenzo DiBonaventura (The Matrix, et. al.) that has been working on the project for over a year will remain affiliated with the DOOM movie. The studio question at this point primarily involves the financing..

If I see one scene with fucking bullet-time, I'm leaving the Theater.

Also, I would like to see a lot of Satanism. Satanism to the point where Goths would come out of their dank corners and watch the movie.

Other than that, no fucking bullet-time. Look what happened to House of the Dead.

Oh yeah, forgot. I would like to hear original music in the movie. No bullshit popular artists at the time, like every other movie turned two hour long music video.

Nunez said:

If I see one scene with fucking bullet-time, I'm leaving the Theater.

Also, I would like to see a lot of Satanism. Satanism to the point where Goths would come out of their dank corners and watch the movie.

Other than that, no fucking bullet-time. Look what happened to House of the Dead.

Oh yeah, forgot. I would like to hear original music in the movie. No bullshit popular artists at the time, like every other movie turned two hour long music video.

How about plasma time? ; ) Not all goths are Satanists. But most Satinists are.

Skeletor said:

I think Doom 3 movie would be cool with the Shrek/Final Fantasy like CG movies.

..only hopefully not as lousy as that Final Fantasy movie was.

A doom 3 movie is certianly more suited to the current style of "real people, everything else is CG" of movie making, with collosal budgets and 'cookie-cutter' "square jawed hero saves the day and dies at the end" storylines..

However, a movie based on the original doom games, is much better suited to being made like an early 80's schlock horror movie! , with bad acting, creaky 'sets' that are just abandoned houses, obvious costumes and gallons and gallons of gore

er, in other words, they dont make 'em like they used to

also in other words..surely only one person is suited to making a doom movie..George A Romero!

KozmoNaut said:

Or Peter Jackson! (Watch Braindead and Bad Taste if you don't believe me)

And as an added bonus, he has WETA Digital to help with the effects.

Fuck that fat bitch, the effects in LOTR suck.

I really do think its possible to come out with a good Doom movie with the effects and technology today, and I do think its possible to come out with a good script and good actors to accompany it. But hoping for the worst isn't going to help a Doom movie seem any better. Plus, for some reason people just aren't as satisfied by movies as they used to be, almost every movie that comes out it seems like someone has something to bitch about whereas I could be completely satisfied. If a Doom movie is made, I'll just be waiting to see it for myself before I listen to what anyone else thinks.

My worst fear is that instead of giving the movie an isolated atmosphere, they'll turn it into a nonstop slaughterfest. Don't get me wrong, there should be some gory parts in it, but most of it should have an isolated, creepy atmosphere.

if they do a DOOM movie, I really hope that they don't go for CGI animation.

Lately too many films have computer animation in them, and ok it may be acceptable for the likes of The Matrix, where the computer animation can actually benefit the story because of the mechanical style.

But I think that a DOOM movie would benefit more from actual puppetry and real-life animatronics.

Look at the likes of Aliens, Total Recall, Terminator. They didn't use computers.

The trouble is though, no-one will even consider using "low tech" solutions anymore because everyone is using the "trendy" option

I agree that the CGI content of movies is way too high in today's movies, and often times it is used where it doesn't really belong or they could do much better.

Disorder said:
My worst fear is that instead of giving the movie an isolated atmosphere, they'll turn it into a nonstop slaughterfest. Don't get me wrong, there should be some gory parts in it, but most of it should have an isolated, creepy atmosphere.

I don't think so, since it's going to be based on DOOM 3. But it would be better if the brutality were prevalent over the spookiness. A play with sounds and images with varying grades of quietness or booming and darkness or light. The "story" should be there but diffused in the imagery and the almost music-like imminence of being torn appart at any point. It should be more awesome than moody.

It should be based on the concept of deathmatch with monsters... humans trying to kill each other even as demons from hell invade.

THAT would be worth 7.95 $

most, if not all, game to movie concepts suck ass. doom3 would no matter how you look at it.

as for rateings? look what they did to mortal kombat. a M game to a PG-13 movie

Sephiroth said:

most, if not all, game to movie concepts suck ass. doom3 would no matter how you look at it.

as for rateings? look what they did to mortal kombat. a M game to a PG-13 movie

Actually I think the first Mortal Kombat film was probably the best and most successful attempt at a video-game-to-theatrical-movie ever. I loved it, especially since the original MK game didn't have a story at all, all there was there was that you're supposed to defeat Shang Tsung, and that was that. They did an excellent job of basically making up their own story line using the original characters, imo. The 2nd one...ugh, if you're talking about the 2nd one...I wish it didn't exist.

Sephiroth said:

all game to movie concepts suck ass.

that goes aswell for the other way round.