Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rasputin

Enemies stick on doors

I've been making levels for a little while now and have a question that might sound a bit strange. Sometimes when I make a door in my level, enemies have a tendancy to stick, or walk in place after opening them. I know this behavior is known to happen in the Doom engine, but in some cases it gets quite severe, and remaking the door does nothing, in other cases remaking the door immediatly fixes it. If any one can help me, any ideas would be welcome. I use the classic Doom2.exe and my editor is Wad Author. Thank you and happy Dooming

-Rasputin

Are You making a map specially for vanilla Doom2? If not, get a source port. I'm not familiarized with vanilla editing, but perhaps patch it to version 1.9?

Well if you check the 'block enemies' square on door linedefs, monsters shouldn't get stuck...

EDIT: Or if you don't want them to open the doors at all, use turbo or tagged doors.

Learn how to make doors manually without a prefab command. You can have alot more control and can keep a better eye on what is done to your map.

Acutally I've found it rather pointless to build them myself unless I want to do something odd with one (like put a third line in the middle for some purpose). I just have several door motifs: normal, turbo, red, yellow, blue, etc...