Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
frag5

E1M1 secrets

hey guys,

trying to get 100% of the secrets in first level in Knee Deep in the Death episode on classic doom, however... in an FAQ i have read it says there is a door in behind the secret area in the zig zag room

i have checked for this door or whatever it is and i cannot seem to find it

i end up with 66% of secrest cleared

what am i doing wrong and where are the other secrets?

i have gone to the ouside area for the armor and the secret room in the zigzag area, thats all i've been to. how do i get to that room that the FAQS talk about?

thanks

edit: nvm found it

Okay, here is how to do it. Go into the second room and stand at the doorway before the zig zag room after you make the platform come down for the shotgun. Then make a run dash for the secret room without stopping and an elevator will lower for you to board.

It is more complicated than that.

It is true that the secret lift is in the lowered area with the shotgun, but in order to lower the bridge ýou have to run under one of the two big stacks of computer screens showing various planets and such.

For get the lift down, you need to go back up at the stairs to the planet/computer room, second last step. Go there and run back to the lift in the shotgun secret and you can take the lift up. Not much of a secret tho, a shell box and a few armor powerups.

Neither of them you'll really need at this point. Although it does provide an excellence sniping spot in deathmatch (especially if you use hitscan weapons only).

You go into the last room before the exit, and come out, the platform where the imp was should be lowered. Get the goodies and run back to the computer room. Get on the stairs to the zigzag room and wait 5 seconds. Then run like hell to the left corner of the room you had just opened (behind the imp). There should be a lift waiting for you.

frag5 said:

hey guys,
[...]
edit: nvm found it

If you get stuck again, Google "doomhelp" and click the first link. You might find some useful stuff there.
Cheers