Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

SNES Doom mod

Yeah, I just thought the rockets should always face forward. They always face backwards in this case.

http://classicdoom.com/doomcomp.htm#8
Read that page. It should skip straight to the SNES Doom section. It has a lot of stuff about the game compared ot the PC version in there.

UPDATE: The rocket's backside is now the side that always faces you. I also changed the plasma sprites to resemble the SNES Doom sprites.

Bashe, what I'm reading on here includes some deathmatch stuff so be prepared to edit that too. Apparently you could play Deathmatch on the SNES. O_o

Hey, I took care of the cut baron death frames. I also started "simplifying" the flats into solid floormaps to resemble the solid-colored floors of SNES Doom.

Oh No Its Kyle said:

Bashe, what I'm reading on here includes some deathmatch stuff so be prepared to edit that too. Apparently you could play Deathmatch on the SNES. O_o

You sure could.

I think the physics were disabled...i.e. rockets don't push enemies. They just fall where they are. Also, if you don't mind my nitpicking, I was using the well-emulated BFG (good show!), but it didn't have any area effect. It just fired one shot and affected no nearby enemies.

Job, Bashe,
I just started resizing sprites and patches to resemble the SNES level of detail. Also, judging by the number of flats redone, I'd say I'm 20% done simplifying the flats into floormaps.

Great job, Darkhaven, I can't wait to see what you've got.

Oh No Its Kyle said:

Hey, you guys need to check to see if certain level features are still in the game, like the secret door in E1M1

Are you talking about the switch that opens up the window edge and allows you to run into the armor/nukage pool area? Because if that's what you're referring to, I believe it's not there.

GOOD NEWS: All floormaps completed! The solid-colored floormaps now replace all Ultimate Doom flats!

And Job, I just checked, it isn't there.

Great, soon there can be some stuff compiled together - it'll look a lot mroe fleshed out once we put in the music I've got.

Sorry, but I've just played online for the first time and I'm loving it. I'll make so more progress soon.

I just got alot of patches resized and packed up inside Bashe's wad; along with the floormaps. So Job, everything done so far (I think?) is inside one wad.

EDIT BECAUSE I CAN'T EDIT MY OTHER POST: I've figured out how to prevent the monsters falling backwards when they die!

Wait a minute....Hey, I got my old username back!

Darkhaven4 said:

I just got alot of patches resized and packed up inside Bashe's wad; along with the floormaps. So Job, everything done so far (I think?) is inside one wad.

Great, feel free to email it to me or post a link to it. Then maybe I can get around to inserting the music and the sounds if needs be.

Just sent the wad in a .zip file to you. Check your eMail.
EDIT: I also think I've figured out a way to simulate the thing where you can pick up items that are far below you. Like Sector 1's height is 256, sector 2's height is 0, you pick up a health bonus from sector 2, but you're in sector 1.

Good job, Darkhaven. However, I can't find the wad in any of my email boxes. Could you please resend it?

Got it, thanks. Good stuff, things are shaping up nicely. :D

Hey guys! I'm up here in Rhode Island. My cousin has a cable connection so I can update! I did "work offline" but that didn't get me anywhere. I did this update in the car. Spectres are removed, like in SNES Doom. The only update I've had so far. Man, it sure was a shitty drive up here, but at least I have cable connection now.

Hey, DarkHaven4, send me the wad at Locke9013@aol.com

I just sent you the latest version of the SNESDoom.wad. It's a modified version of yours, so it includes everything except the spectre-removal.

I hate to nitpick, but the area effect of the BFG isn't there. It only works as a single projectile.

EDIT: There might be confusion as to what I'm saying. As of right now, the above is how the BFG is in the SNES Doom wad. However, in the actual game there was an area effect, like the PC, though there weren't any green flame dealies where it affected the enemies it hit.