Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DarkknightXC

Quality Doom Map with 3D

There was a series for Legacy a while back with names 'hilarious' like "Mummy phuqers" and "Wet phanny"

It'd be nice to see more people actually put Legacy's features to good use, other than just plopping a few random, partially-transparent platforms in a map which magically float and calling it a masterpiece.

Oh yeah, oh yeah! Death Summoning map 01: Complex Entry :-P

AgentSpork said:

It'd be nice to see more people actually put Legacy's features to good use, other than just plopping a few random, partially-transparent platforms in a map which magically float and calling it a masterpiece.

You have two options when developing something that you want to contain engine-specific features: 1) Go for the mod option and change everything or 2) be subtle and tweak a few items to suit your map developing on.

I think that 1) is extremely difficult to do and to get right. Since you seriously messing with the dynamics of the game and usually have very little in the way of a basis to go on.

OTH 2) is easier, but the trick is not to make the changes made stand out like a sore thumb. The map I mentioned is pretty good since although the 3D floors are used a fair bit, they don't have big signs on them stating "this is a 3d floor for the sake of it".

I would have to be big-headed and go for the DM map I have finished but not got round to releasing yet or Silent Steel.

Nmn said:

What about RUST?

The way I've constructed it makes it hard to use 3D floors in complicated ways. Basically, because any 3d floor you make is the same shape as the sector you have it tagged to, you have to start cutting up sectors into segments to make, lets say, a square above a circle. With the lighting and architecture style in Rust there'd just be too many sectors to ever handle - at least with my brain.