Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atticus 9389

Problems with Deus Vult

Ive been trying to play Deus vult on zdoom 1.22 and whenever The trap for the blue key opens up on the 1st level, the game just freezes. Does anyone know what the problem could be?

Try to use something newer, like ZDoom 2.0.63a. 1.22 is 4.5 years old and may have some problems that have been fixed since then.

☠ And I saw a slight bug in the big circle room with the little pentacle and megasphere (map04). The circling planetary-like textures on the walls are not exactly aligned (it's like a vertical reflexion).
☢ In the same map, in the beginning tunnel, there's also a texture misalignment on the left.
EDIT: ☣ I forgot another bug in the first turn of map04: a vertical line on the right when you are X=-2542, Y=-5630 and looking ESE. What's that, a HOM?

ducon said:

☠ And I saw a slight bug in the big circle room with the little pentacle and megasphere (map04). The circling planetary-like textures on the walls are not exactly aligned (it's like a vertical reflexion).
☢ In the same map, in the beginning tunnel, there's also a texture misalignment on the left.
EDIT: ☣ I forgot another bug in the first turn of map04: a vertical line on the right when you are X=-2542, Y=-5630 and looking ESE. What's that, a HOM?

The texture misallignment caused by the "planetary-like textures" is the result of those textures not being in the 2^x format, meaning that the texture length is 384 when it should've been 256 or 512, oops... Use the latest Zdoom and most of those problems should be nonexistent... Now if you'd excuse me, DV II is in the backburner >:-)

EDIT: Just a couple of questions to those of you who actually played through DV... Have you found the [fake] goatse secret? How about the ralphis secret?

ducon said:

U+2620 SKULL AND CROSSBONES

Don't use characters that aren't in a standard font. I also got a blank square only.

If there are some bugs we not report it to Converted Doomer so he could fix them and make a release of Deus Vult, bug free?