Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Favorite Quake monster

Job said:

I actually have four favorites: the greater knight, the plasma rifle grunt, the ogre and the fiend, in no particular order.

I don't recall there being a grunt with a plasma rifle in Quake - your version must be some crazy, warezed version or something.

And just wth is a 'Greater Knight'?

dsm said:

I don't recall there being a grunt with a plasma rifle in Quake

Uh, enforcer.

dsm said:

And just wth is a 'Greater Knight'?

I think he means the hell knight.

Heh, by the way, anyone else see some similarity between the Doom 3 hellknight and shambler?

Espi said:

I think he means the hell knight.

Actually, it's a Death Knight.

Espi said:

Heh, by the way, anyone else see some similarity between the Doom 3 hellknight and shambler?

Yeah, I noticed that immediately.

Yes. The Enforcer and the Death Knight. Both very cool, imo. That's why I loved the human levels so much...the enforcer was a lot of fun to fight. Plus I thought they sounded cool.

I like them beause it's practically the only supply of cells I'll come across. Sure there's a few cell packs here or there, but the Thunderbolt eats up ammo far too quickly for the ammo packs (even the big ones) to be very helpful.

I dunno, the Doom monsters felt more original. The problem with Quake was it was too damn dark to be fun. Half the time I struggled to see where the hell I was. I could barely see the monsters they were just annoying things that got in your way in the dark rooms which felt the same since the brightness level was probably 2. However I'll have to go with the fiend since they scared me with the jumping and attacking.

Oh No Its Kyle said:

That reminds me of that badass game Pissed Off. Anyone remember that? You played the chef on a ship full of aliens? The highlight of that game was all the cool melee weapons. Frying pans, power drills, etc.

I remember that bullshit. What was up with those walking butts?

The problem with Quake was the fact that it had no damn creative director, that's why half the game doesn't make sense or fit together. Oh well, it was still fun and a technological leap. Anyway, my favorite is the death knight, cause they look cool

Shambler. That and the vore, if you mean boss, I was seriously dissappointed with Shub Nigguroth, but cthon was a good boss, the first times I played that level I thought I had to shoot it billions of times and not die to kill it, found out I was wrong, I never notice buttons any more

The brown blob that slashed at you. not the brown blob that shot lightning and slashed, but the brown blob that jumped and slashed.