Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
AndrewB

Just had to share this piece of e-mail..

One of the many fanmails sent into news@doomworld.com. Here's the latest.

Ever Wondered What The Boss Said At The End Of Doom 2?

Well if you get a prgram to extract the sound file of the boss saying the mumbo jumbo. Extract the sound file, open it up in a sound editor that can reverse sounds (play it backwards) you will hear this... "To win the game, you must beat me, John Romero." (John Romero being the guy you are.) They should of called him something like Killer... Well theres something to amuse you for a while. Go get Wintex or something... Go try it... Stop reading... ahh.. screw you

Posed by Ken Lee

1. Whoever sent that e-mail should know that it's not "To win the game you must beat me...", it's "To win the game you must KILL me..."!

2. Isn't the use of John Romero's name meant to signify that the boss is John Romero?

(i.e., "To win the game you must kill me." - John Romero)

3. In any case, you should've mailbombed the dupe that sent that to you and put a "(only newbies should read)" at the end of the subject.

I'm speechless. No, really. After all the bad press on John Romero, I thought every gamer out there knew who is he...

2. Isn't the use of John Romero's name meant to signify that the boss is John Romero?

Shhhhhh, you're being logical.

Last time someone said that we had some shit about pink elephants, newbies, Geforce3, Mac's house, Guns, Tetzlaff's smells, and God knows what else...

Shhhhhh, you're being logical.

Logic? Oh no!
/me runs

AND IF YOU CLIP BEHIND THE ICON OF SIN YOU SEE JOHN ROMERO'S HEAD! AND THERE'S AN NIN LOGO IN E4M1! AND YOU CAN GET A CHAINGUN IN E1M2! AND NUKAGE HURTS YOU! AND THE SUPER SHOTGUN IS ONLY IN DOOM 2! AND...

There's a chainsaw in E1M2, too, idiot :P

Theres also a few nukage barrels an imp or two a shotgun a backpack and...

Ever wondered what those big rooms you walk around in are?

There's a chainsaw in E1M2, too, idiot :P

thErE BE a rock3t l4uncher 1n E1M2 in mult1pl4y3r al50 you ll4ma fux0r0rs!!!111 ;Þ (/stoopid 1337 #4x0r smeggg)

THERE'S AN NIN LOGO IN E4M1!

Holy shit, I've never noticed that.

Type IDDT while in the automap on E4M1, and you will! I also know how to actually reveal it in the level, but that takes a bit of explaining. You might want to download this one .lmp I found. Not sure what the URL is yet. I'll go look for it today.

THERE'S AN NIN LOGO IN E4M1!

Holy shit, I've never noticed that.

Oh, sorry, I thought everybody knew by now, that's why I put it down =b