Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JamesEightBitStar

"Good" Games you thought were crap.

Yeah I was expecting something the Gamecube Resident Evil for Twin Snakes. Instead it's the same damn game with voice acting and better graphics. And I didn't get a damn thing for killing all the ravens in the Raven boss fight.

Oh, and the boss fights in general sucked.

Blade Runner was fucking awful despite rave reviews. And don't get me started on that old fps. What was it called? Doom? :P

I think Metal Gear Solid 2 is as bad as that smell I keep smelling. For some reason every few seconds I smell something, it smells like a cross between a truck stop restroom and a porta-potty. I dunno why.

But, yeah, MGS2 blew chunks out of every orrifice. For one, making a sequel for MGS is just stupid in my opinion. Two, it didn't fix anything in the previous game, it just made things more complicated. Three, while making you play as Raiden was a novel idea, it was still stupid. It's a game about snake, not some loser. On a personal note, Snakes code name "Irioqui Pliskin" was easily figured out. Why that blonde dipshit didn't figure it out immeditaly is beyond me.

Here are two other "good" games that I thought were crap:

Donkey Kong 64 and Jet Force Gemini. They were both overhyped by a number of gaming magazines and recieved high marks... Yet, I still think those two games were really boring and uh, sucked in comparison to Mario 64! Am I the only one who doesn't see what's so fun about those two games?

Oh No Its Kyle said:

A bunch of stuff about Metal Gear Solid 2.

I do have to agree with you on that one. I remember when MGS2 was all EGM would ever talk about. MGS2 rumor this, kickass MGS2 demo that, Kojima-san is sooo cool! Blah blah blah!

I did think MGS2 was cool, only because of some of the new stuff you can do like hang off railings, hold up the soldiers, and go into first person aiming mode. My only gripes with the game are the whacked-out storyline, Raiden being a whiney prick throughout the entire game, and Dead Cell. Foxhound is much cooler than Dead Cell, in my opnion. Even Decoy Octopus is much cooler than the whole bunch... Oh wait, he didn't do jack shit in MGS except get himself killed from Foxdie...

Aside from all this junk about MGS2 and even MGS, I actually can't wait for MGS3. I'm glad those guys over at Konami are taking this next game at a much more different approach... sadly, the same can't really be said for Metal Gear Acid...

I like just about every game mentioned in here. I loved MGS2, I actually play CounterStrike quite alot (Although I will admit that it is highly overrated and there's alot of asshats running around), I though Metriod Prime was incredible, the GTA series isn't crap, but it is highly highly overrated.
The only game I really have a problem with is Final Fantasy, it is wwaaaaaaayyy to overrated, and just plain not fun IMO. They keep trying to do new crap with it when it's just not possible. In fact, it seems like alot of rather good series is going down that path, I mean, WTF is Zelda: Four Swords Adventures about anyhow?

A good game that I thought was crap would be Zelda Ocarina of Time and probly Majoras Mask too if I tried it. Everyone thinks that game is great and I thought it would be too but I hated playing it (it felt like a damn chore and I just didn't wanna play anymore). I got to I think death mountain with those guys that eat rocks (dammit I already forgot the name of em) and then some dork is pissed or whatever (there leader) and want's to hear some song and then you gotta go through some forest or something (i forgot the name of the forest already too. Dammit). After I played the damn song to him I couldn't play it anymore I just hated it. Zelda the Wind Waker on the other hand is awesome and the gameplay feels so clean . I love it. I've only beaten it once (I haven't truely beaten it. In other words find everything and completely wipe out the whole game) and it's my sisters though I do have my own gamecube. I'll just buy my own copy. I'm just a little disturbed from the fact that the gameplay in Wind Waker is practically the same as Ocarina of Time. It's just changed to work with the gamecube controller. I really don't know what it is about the 64 version of zelda that I don't like. At first I thought it was cause it wasn't cartoony enough but that couldn't be it.

I myself just am not into the GTA games, I watched it once and I found myself wanting to go eat or watch the washing machine or something. :D Half-Life and Counter-Strike, I didn't find all that great, I didn't see what all the fuss was about, nothing amazed me besides the amazingly slow frame rates and choppy sounds. And the Deathmatch Classic add-on looked just like Quake, I swear it even had the quake symbol in it but modified to the Half-life logo. :D

Holering said:

Zelda Ocarina of Time.

I gotta play that again, haven't played it since August. :D I wanna try that chicken thing Quasar was talking about. :D

grand theft auto, deus ex, unreal (1, and xpac, I only like the UT and Unreal 2 games), and perfect dark.

Ayu said:

grand theft auto, deus ex, unreal (1, and xpac, I only like the UT and Unreal 2 games), and perfect dark.

you like unreal 2 but not the original? odd