Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JamesEightBitStar

Games You'd Like to See Remade with the DOOM Engine

Sorry of this has been polled, but I searched the forum this time and found no similar topics.

Anyway, WolfenDOOM made me wonder how other games would fare under the DOOM engine, or more likely one of it's source ports. Anyway, I would like to see the following two games remade with a DOOM Source Port:

-Quake
-Half-Life

I know those two probably aren't gonna happen for at least five more years (maybe ten), but when and if they DO happen, I'm personally gonna jump for joy and officially consider Doom "The only FPS I'll ever need!"

While we're on it, I'd like to see someone do another "Re-telling" of the Wolfenstein 3D story as a DOOM Wad. No offense to the author, but I felt that "The Second Encounter" was kind of a disappointment honestly--it simply took basic Wolfenstein levels and added a few bells and whistles (and unless this is just a bug with my copy, it didn't even change the intermission text, so you'd be playing Wolfenstein and suddenly you'd get a message that talks about aliens and star ports...)

But anyway, back to the topic, any games you guys would like to see "Ported to DOOM?"

-Quake

I vaguely recall there already was a Quake Doom... Anyone?

(and unless this is just a bug with my copy, it didn't even change the intermission text, so you'd be playing Wolfenstein and suddenly you'd get a message that talks about aliens and star ports...)

intermissions texts are hard to edit.

Anyway, to answer your question:
- Syndicate wars!
- EverQuest

Blood

What's the point?!

Other than to see if it can be done (and turn out decent enough), not much. I'd rather play one of those other four for Doom instead.

m0l0t0v said:

I vaguely recall there already was a Quake Doom... Anyone?

Yes QDOOM by Marc "Fanatic" Pullen. It's hosted by doomworld and uses the EDGE engine

(Edited out the Quake comments--sorry guys, but I had started writing my response before you two even posted, so I didn't hear you mention QDoom).

X-Com would be fun if you could still blow holes in walls (Though that, to me, sounds a little close to Geo-Mod technology, which is way above even Half-Life).

Some more ideas:

Qix
Tetris
Q*Bert
Joust
Lolo
Bomberman
Fishing
Metroid
Tron

quest for glory
ken's labyrinth
ultima underworld
daggerfall

Grand Theft Auto

Might be better using MD2's for the cars, and fidning someway to generate random cars and people in the distance as you move around..but it would be fun to see the cities and levels of the original from a first-person perspective

Castlevania, Heavy Barrel, Shock Troopers (either game), The Super Spy (Neogeo), Parasite Eve, and Unreal 2 (it would actually be made better in Doom because it wouldn't take a whole day to load the first map).

Ichor said:

Some more ideas:
Metroid

Yesssss!!! Especially the SNES one! And Thief or super large and detailed System Shock 2... But RONE will take care of the last one :P

System Shock (the original).

If and when a Doom port ever gets an ultra-cool stealth system, Thief.

NiGHTMARE said:

System Shock (the original).

Ellmo said:
or super large and detailed System Shock 2

seconded, tripled.

Thinking about it, I'd really like to see an adventure game rmade in the Doom engine (using ZDoom obviously).

Ideally it would be an entirely original story or set in the Doom universe, but in terms of remakes I'd have to go with Space Quest. I would say Monkey Island, but Lucas Arts start churning out the lawyers at the merest whiff of "fan game" or "remake", so I won't :).