• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Mithrandir

Dreams are cool

quote thingy:
------------------------------------------------------------
um, nuthin' much to do with the topic, but I had a really cool dream last night. Or this morning, anyway. It was sooo cool, At the end I was running away from an oil tanker lorry thingy, coz it was falling over, an about to blow up, after one already had, and I felt that excellent, elated, shit-your-pants fear, because I was a participant. Nice. Does anyone else get that? when your dreams hust feel incredibly real, and emotions, and senses are lifelive and vivid, even more intense than reality sometimes? I just started to get that happening to me like June or something, since then it dropped off in frequency, but seems sometimes a more intense experience.
Hey, I think I'll just start a fresh thread for this.
-----------------------------------------------------------

And here it is.

Moop.

I had a dream last night that I was driving a Corvette... but I was in the back...
and it had back seats for some reason...and I drove to the ghetto... and I said to the kids 'get the FUCK AWAY FROM MY CAR!!!'... and then we were going to school for some reason... and because I was 15 minutes late I started to cry like hell... I dunno it was fucked up

One of my lucid dreams: I'm in some sort of a town. I realise that I'm asleep. By having nothing useful to do, I decide simply to fly. Gee, should be easy. So I jump, and of course fall down. Jump again - and fall down. It took me about a minute to take off, even though all the time I realised that it's my dream and everything is possible.

Another dream: I'm in bed, almost asleep, concentrating on the thought that now I will fall asleep and I shouldn't miss the moment. Of course I fall asleep and miss it. And of course, everything happens in a dream.

ok, i was in this house, and it was dark and gloomy with one hallway with about 6 doors and like a loft ontop. under the loft thingy, there was this dark ( i mean pitch black dark ) room that was kinda like a maze. i run in hitting the walls and boncing off of them and somehow i get through. The next night i had a dream i was in france or germany, and there was these hookers standing in a circle talking to me. one had a little girl, like 5 or 6 years old. From where i was standing, you could see the house and i asked her about it, and she said she knew all about it. so we are inside the house looking into the black maze room thingy. i ask her if she knows how to get throught the room and she says yes so i say, meet me on the other side and she says ok. i she goes in and i run of but not to the other side. i hid in a dark corner. soon i heard screeming and i sat for like 10 minutes with constant screeming in my mind.i finally set out to find her, so i tried to yel out, but i could, then i woke up in a cold sweat.
boy that was allot of typing.
sorry if i misspelled some words.

There was this one I had recently that kind of resembled a twisted love story. It's like meet the girl, bad guy kidnaps girl, you kill bad guy and save the girl, right? WRONG. The antagonist is there in front of me along with his buddies restraining the girl. He has the gun pointed at either me or the girl (I couldn't tell. You know how screwy dreams can be). At this point, the background music comes to a halt, as if it were the climax of some movie scene. I magically pull out a little hidden pistol from under my coat, aim at the bad guy, pull the trigger...and the trigger won't budge. I try it again...still nothing. He easily shoots his pistol and it's like am I dead, or is she dead? Because, you're still there as if it were a cap gun he was holding, and everything including the girl and the "movie scene" mysteriously disappeared. I'm standing there with this feeling of confusion thinking to myself, "What was that?? It was not supposed to happen like that..."

Talk about strange and screwed up dreams...

I had a dream that once that I was the DOOM guy. It ruled. I ran around blasting shit, flipping over demons and shooting their heads while in mid-air and shit. It fuckin' ruled.

I have a silent dream. I can see people everywhere but no faces, and everyone is talking but I can't make out a single word. I hate this one man, with an absolutely unbridled passion. I'm talking with someone but I'm ignoring her, just as well because I can't hear her.

After a few minutes of staring at this man I walk up to him and punch him in the throat. When he goes down I stomp on him with my steeltoed boots until he stops squirming. Then I wake up.

I don't get it.

Once.. I tried to punch someone but it didn't feel like i could hit them hard. You have all probably had a dream like that, when no matter how hard you try, you just can't hit hard or run or something. I remember in one dream I could only run fast on grass. But any aways, I ripped his fingers off, since he was trying to kill me. But then I felt bad and gathered them up and put them in a jar and told him that the doctor could probably sew them back on. I tend to do that kind of stuff a lot in my dreams, but the dreams usually comes in bunches and then I don't have them for a long time. And once I woke up with my hands in the air above my head like I was clawing into something and my mouth was wide open as I showed my teeth. In that dream I was a cross between a human and a snake (kinda but we'll keep it short) and even when I woke up I had that sensation of my tongue slithering in a out of my mouth for a few secs, and it also felt like I still had really long fingers with claws. A few times I have had a dream where I just run around preying on humans like a cat would with mice. And no one can ever stop me, sure I got shot once in the leg, but once you forgit that it happened, it goes away. But uhm... I'm not violent.

I'm never able to throw a decent punch in my dreams either :\

Anyway, last night, the sea started to rise, my house started floating, but it was sinking. Bigass waves and stuff, pretty cool :) I went up to the attic and tried to build a boat to save my ass, can't remember any more after that. It's annoying that i don't go lucid even with strange shit like that happening... damn games make it all seem too natural i guess :\

Does anyone else get that? when your dreams hust feel incredibly real, and emotions, and senses are lifelive and vivid, even more intense than reality sometimes?

Forgot to answer that, but yeah, the emotions and feelings can be more intense. It depends on what it is though, like being shot with a gun or nail gun in my dreams doesn't hurt all that bad and tearing people apart doesn't feel very realistic, because it has only happened in my dreams. Things such as fear, anger, hatred, etc., are very real though. The way dreams intensify that actually reminds me of drugs. The most intense dreams though, are the ones where I am still dreaming but also conscious of my real life enviroment, which isn't to rare, since I have a very hard time sleeping. And also tend to dissociate more than the average person. The most intense would have to have been something that happened not to long ago. I woke up in the middle of the night, and I literally thought my room was floating in a endless void. My hair felt like it was standing on end, and my body felt like there was electricity running through it. And it felt great to stretch, each time I stretched out, I closed my eyes and could see some sort of slow lighnting running down my body as I did it. I loved how my skin felt most of all, it felt like I was being blown away or something. I can get pretty out of it in the morning too. Sometimes I do stuff like try to make a bowl of cereal and end up pooring some milk on a plate and trying to use a fork.

I have memories of dreams that I've several years ago, I don't know why. They could contain images of Robin Hood to monks, subway stations in high mountains etc.

Once, my mother told me about her most frightening dream, she told me she tasted the stench of blood. I think the year was 1959, she was only 5 years old.

Hah, the worst nightmare I've ever was when I dreamed I was beginning to get some sleep, turn the lights off, got into bed. Suddenly, I see a skeleton in the hallway. It runs to my room, and it throws itself right over me and disappears. That was kinda weird.

I have dreams that I'm flying. The only weird part of it is that it's usually through brick walls. :/

I also have a reoccuring part of dreams wheree I'm in my house, and I escape by jumpung out the window, usually my room's winddow, but some times it's the living room. The funky part is that every time I do it, it gets harder and harder to escape (for instance, I jump through, but then my family grabbs me and drags me back in. @_@). :)

You have all probably had a dream like that, when no matter how hard you try, you just can't hit hard or run or something.

I think I read somewhere that the inability to move freely is caused by certain restraints (bed sheets, etc...) that restrict you out of the dream. Sometimes you dream so intensely that your body moves with the actions (though to a lesser extent). Try not being able to move in a dream, and then waking up to find you are so entangled in sheets that you can't move out of it either.

Who knows... it may be some twisted extension of a feeling you might have of being restricted in your actions in your everyday life. Society binds us by what we can and can't do... if you feel that there are things you would like to do, but won't let yourself because of the societal consequences, perhaps that feeling is being amplified in your dreams. Or something like that.

I can't even remember the last time I was able to clearly remember my dreams. I hear that lucid dreaming helps you remember you dreams better, but also allows you to control them. I personally feel that dreams are more interresting if they are in their naturally "random" state... so it would seem that lucid dreaming is kind of a double edged sword. There are, however, a number of interresting (in my opinion) dreams that I do remember. I would post one here, but they tend to be... long... longer than most of the posts in the fanfic forum, actually. I would rather not bore you guys with that.

I have a particular dream on a regular basis
Just as I fall asleep:
I'm walking along. I trip. I fall face first into the ground. I wake up with a jolt.
It's that simple.

But I also once had a dream that I asked to have genetic treatment to be turned back into a dragon. (fucked up, eh?)
I would have loved to see it the rest of the way through, though.

Another dream was one that I could walk through walls, but every time I did it, it got harder.

I would post one here, but they tend to be... long... longer than most of the posts in the fanfic forum, actually. I would rather not bore you guys with that.

No way! go for it! Dreams are about as far from boring as you can get.

I have dreams that I can control all the time, but for some reason, I screw it up. For instance, I drempt that I was in my house, and that I knew I had to get out, so I walked over to the door, and started to concentrate, and make sure there was no monsters on the other side of the door, so I was like.... "There is nothing that's behind this door... except for a giant monster." *creek* Giant monster ... *door slam* "Why did I do that?" and then I jumped out the window, and went on with the dream. ^_^;

Oh yeah, my mind betrays me too in those cases (altough it's really rare that I actually have one of those freedom dreams).

Don't you ever, EVER try to convert those in some kind of wet dream. It just doesn't work. Period.

Don't you ever, EVER try to convert those in some kind of wet dream.

Did you refer to Tek's post or something? Why should our dreams have to include something wet? It depends how you mean it.

I have a silent dream. I can see people everywhere but no faces, and everyone is talking but I can't make out a single word. I hate this one man, with an absolutely unbridled passion. I'm talking with someone but I'm ignoring her, just as well because I can't hear her.

After a few minutes of staring at this man I walk up to him and punch him in the throat. When he goes down I stomp on him with my steeltoed boots until he stops squirming. Then I wake up.

I don't get it.

/me analyzes dream
It means your smoking to much weed...
/me reads that comment
Wait...there is no such thing as to much weed ^_^

Don't you ever, EVER try to convert those in some kind of wet dream. It just doesn't work. Period.

Well, it does; I tried it. But if there's a faster way to lose concentration, I have yet to find it. So they usually don't last very long :)

I hear that lucid dreaming helps you remember you dreams better, but also allows you to control them. I personally feel that dreams are more interresting if they are in their naturally "random" state... so it would seem that lucid dreaming is kind of a double edged sword.

Not really; lucid dreams are just as interesting. It's not like you control everything in the dream (that would just be too hard), so all the random stuff it's still there. And you don't even have to do anything, you can behave in the usual way (whatever that is).
The only problem with lucid dreaming is that it's so hard :( It requires constant concentration - not exactly the trick an average teenager can pull out.

Oh God, I have screwed up dreams all the friggin' time. Like last night-I dreamed that for some reason I was walking on top of my house. I decided, hey what the heck, it's a dream, I'll jump off, no harm done, right? Not exactly. I jump off the top of my house, and fall through the ground and into Hell. From there-I forget what happens. But it was sure scary. And it was so VIVID.
Cool.

You have all probably had a dream like that, when no matter how hard you try, you just can't hit hard or run or something.

I have definately had those kinds of dreams before. I'll be playing baseball or football or something, but no matter what, the ball always pops out of my glove or hands, and then the same scene will replay over, and I'll try to make the catch but I just can't...weird.

Sometimes you dream so intensely that your body moves with the actions (though to a lesser extent).

Oh my God, I hate that. The weirdest is when you daydream and that happens. Since I only get 5 or 6 hours of sleep per night, I'll doze off in class from time to time, and actually be dreaming and feeling my arm jerk or whatever.

I'm fairly new here so I guess you've exhausted the discussions about DOOM dreams long ago (like dreaming in pixellated textures, the hanging corpses dreams and so on).
I was just wondering if anyone had had any dreams from DOOM utilities? I remember in the old days I used to get DEU dreams a lot where I could do things like create doors in walls by adding new vertices, linedefs and all that stuff and voila! the door would be there....

I have a friend who not only moves while dreaming, but also talks with you in a rational way. It's fantastically fun cause he asks you shit like "Hey, is it gone?" and you can establish communication.

He doesn't remember shit the next morning... :D

Uh my minds kinda messed up. Not so long ago I had a dream where I was at some storage depot and I opened a door and there was a army on zombies all over (not crappy zombies, the smart scary ones from Resident Evil) I kinda just stood there and watched them suffer. Then some demon/mutant chick jumped out and I started chasing and shooting at her. I woke up but I wasn't in a cold sweat or scared out of my mind, not much different from any of the other crap I see when I close my eyes.

I looked at your sig and I thought, God, what a moron. But then I realized... well, that's the point, and so it didn't seem so idiotic afterall...

I dreamt that I was at the ocean, and it was just had this really "out there" feeling. Just out there... almost like I was on another planet. Very surreal, odd dream. And there's always some strange obstacle we need to overcome. And if we don't, life will be miserable for us and we will be forever destined to stay in this old boat on the water, never able to get back to land, and sometimes in the dream, death is of concern for us. I've had this dream quite a few times, each time it's a variation, but everytime it's ugly, strange, and often very unpleasant. Dreams are the strangest things. I prolly will have strange dreams tonight after seeing Mulholland Dr. I suggest everyone who likes to have their mind messed with see it. It's a bit dreamlike, tweaks you out.