Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Captain Red

Favourite R-type or R-type clone.

Read the title.

I'm rather found of Blazing star myself. if you havn't heard of Blazing star, then what can I say other then 'you fail it'.

and the rest of you...

I don't know about R-type clones (maybe Darius Gaiden), but I am an afficionado of old-school arcade shoot'em'ups.

My favourite: Xenon 2. Awesome graphic concepts. Quite nasty if you don't know your way around and a great selection of different weapons.

Another nice one is Die Slave, even though I still have difficulties with it.

Yes, it was Blazing Star, the same game that made "YOU FAIL IT!" so famous. I wonder why all the other Engrish text wasn't popularized - like "HEY! AN EVENT ITEM COMES" or "YOU BEAT IT! YOUR SKILL IS GREAT!".

Personally, I've always liked Salamander 2, Zed Blade on the Neogeo, and G-Darius.

Ultraviolet said:

Mitsubishi Eclipse...

I don't think they made an Eclipse "R-type"
I prefer Honda Civics and Acura Integras. =P

r-type final
r-type 3
gradius 3 was fun too, despite the slowdowns

Hobo said:

I prefer Honda Civics and Acura Integras. =P

Good choice.

Oh No Its Kyle said:

Acura is an American car company. Funny, all they sell are American versions of Japanese cars. It's retarded. :/

Uh, Acura and Honda are one in the same, it's just the "luxury" division of Honda, the same as Toyota/Lexus, and Nissan/Infiniti, but over in Japan it's all the same.

Ah, R-Type 3.

Best SNES shooter as far as I can remember. Gradius III was OK.

No, actually, Acura IS an American car company. I couldn't believe it when I heard it either. It's all the same cars with different badges but it is labeled as an American car company. It's retarded, I know, but it's just like Ford giving their cars different names in Australia.

Oh No Its Kyle said:

No, actually, Acura IS an American car company. I couldn't believe it when I heard it either. It's all the same cars with different badges but it is labeled as an American car company. It's retarded, I know, but it's just like Ford giving their cars different names in Australia.

It's not really "retarded" as you put it, because when you think Honda or Toyota over here you don't exactly think "luxury", since they've built up this reputation here with their economy models, so they decided to branch out and make a luxury division to be able to sell their higher priced models here, without the whole "crappy economy car" reputation that we have of them here.

Anyway, the only R-type game I played was on the psx, forgot which one, but it was hard as hell.

Gradius 3 was one of my favorites but not as hard as its prequels. Life Force (also called Salamander) comes to mind for example...

Hobo said:

Anyway, the only R-type game I played was on the psx, forgot which one, but it was hard as hell.

R-type Delta?

It was my first thought. :D I've never actually played the game (who would want to) but the concept ALONE makes it one of the greatest. I mean, christ, what other game has you playing a giant muscle pound homosexual with a hole in his head that flys and shoots other flaming queers with the hole in his head in an R-Type style game? It's fucking awesome! :D

Stealthy Ivan said:

Dont take this personally but I hate r-type. But I'm sure this game you are talking about might be cool.
Is it any thing like Raptor?

I hope you weren't talking to me. The game I'm talking about is this homo-erotic romp thru the most disgusting things that Japan has to over. O.o

Sephiroth said:

what the hell is an R-type or R-type clone.

so that means i dont have a favorite

you sadden me...R-type is a 2d space shooter...teh bestest series even

Sephiroth said:
what the hell is an R-type or R-type clone.

so that means i dont have a favorite

You are joking.

R-type is a *side scrolling space shooter. and R-type clones are games like R-type (in other words, other side scrolling space shooters).

*that's SIDE scrolling. Raptor doesn't qualify.

Oh No Its Kyle said:
I hope you weren't talking to me. The game I'm talking about is this homo-erotic romp thru the most disgusting things that Japan has to over. O.o

*Sigh* if only that where true.