Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tony

Did freedoom stoped ?

Did this project stop ? How come the new webpage isn't up ?

Ok, Ok.. I have no more excuses. I got my degree results yesterday so I'll get the site up VERY SOON - and post here every other day to give you progress reports etc. apologies.

your continued interest, submissions etc. really are appreciated even if it appears we don't exist anymore!

Has anybody actually done anything on FreeDoom lately? Have there been new submissions? The last changelog entry is about 4 months old.
I'm afraid there's not much I can do for FreeDoom right now, since the only things left are basically sound, music or graphics stuff. :/

BTW, my map02 is still labled as "in dev" (has been for 2 years :P), maybe someone can set it to "done"? It has been finished over a year ago ;)

the Make Human script has a kick ass demon target and it works as it should, anyone ever check into it ?

tony said:

the Make Human script has a kick ass demon target and it works as it should, anyone ever check into it ?

Uhm, what the fuck are you talking about?

Metal_Sonic said:

will it be able to work with jdoom?

Freedoom is designed with Boom compatibility in mind.

boris said:

S/He's already asked this in another thread. I guess s/he'll keep asking until the desired answer is presented ;)

It work if you use doom maps, but the Freedoom will only work with boom compatable engine, you may see a few things with jDoom, but you won't be able to open doors, I know that Risen3D will work with the FreeDoom map and features, it's very much like jDoom.

is that because some people are lazy?
or is it impossible to receated doom without boom stuff?

Metal_Sonic said:

is that because some people are lazy?
or is it impossible to receated doom without boom stuff?

At the time that freedoom was created, all the mainstream ports had boom support. As boom was the de-facto `base' port, it wasn't thought that requiring boom support would be a serious problem.

It is only an issue if you want to play the maps - the extra boom effects will most likely be silently ignored by non-conformant ports (e.g. jdoom). using PWADS with our IWAD would still be possible.

To be honest I am amazed that not only has the jdoom developer refrained from incorporating boom support, he's basically resisted anyone else doing it either.

Jon said:

At the time that freedoom was created, all the mainstream ports had boom support. As boom was the de-facto `base' port, it wasn't thought that requiring boom support would be a serious problem.

I don't think it's problem... if the jDoom programmer doesnt want to include what every other port has that's his problem.

It's the problem of everyone who wants to have boom stuff along with really pretty graphics.

But then again, there's Risen3d...

The Freedoom map wouldn't work with jDoom or the original Doom.exe, the map ends up missing. The problem isn't that big, it justs needs different maps.

It's definitely not designed to be used with the original .exe however.

Regarding risen3d; there may not always be risen3d. I can't see the sourcecode anywhere, and I'm awaiting replies to my emails.

It looks like it's on there way out, by the look of it, don't think Risen3D is going to stay up much longer.

tony said:

It looks like it's on there way out, by the look of it, don't think Risen3D is going to stay up much longer.

It's going to stay up. And it is up. Go look:

http://risen3d.newdoom.com/

So yes, RISEN3D supports BOOM + extra stuff.

I was thinking of gradually building up an IWAD myself as i create stuff for various projects i have planned (The Bughunts, Zombie shock massacre, "Rig doom", "Detective doom", Gaydoom ect), and it would probably end up as an inconsistent mess, but never mind!

tony said:

Unfortunately it doesn't work well and turn it into a Klingon.

(It's a Blender script, by the way. I've tried it, 1.8 crashes, 1.6 seems to work. Almost.)

I'm thinking of doing a new gargoyle-like imp to replace this hydraliskish-outofplace myself. The old imp could possibly be something else, for the good of progressing the Freedoom project. Hmmm.....

deathbringer said:

I was thinking of gradually building up an IWAD myself as i create stuff for various projects i have planned (The Bughunts, Zombie shock massacre, "Rig doom", "Detective doom", Gaydoom ect), and it would probably end up as an inconsistent mess, but never mind!

Bughunts? Like... Aliens?