Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vile1011

A Doom adventure game?

As none of you know, I'm working on a megawad(which none of you want to help with, even though I asked very nicely), and I wanted it to stand out from the crowd. It's first feature is it's theme of shifting realities, like in the Silent Hill series. The people I showed the wad to agreed that this was quite a cool concept. There's also a ton of references to the series, including a somewhat faithful homage to the infamous mirror room scene of SH3.

Again taking inspiration from the same game, I'm also giving adventure game qualities to this wad. Namely, you can examine objects by pressing the space bar in front of them. This adds a whole new level of interactivity to the wad.

I was wondering if there are any wads out there now which use this feature? I've seen many storyline driven wads, but none which let you examine the scenery as you can in many adventure games.

As long as I'm here, I might as well ask for help again. There's a beta version of level 1 available for download here http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/vile1011/doom/Screenshots.html

And if you want to take a look at the levels as they stand now, just e-mail me(EKVile666@aol.com) Substantial progress has been made since the last time I made this request, for those of you who I gave the wad to before.

That looks awesome. I think I was a beta-tester for this but my PC wouldn't let me send e-mails to you for some reason.

Sounds good man, and the screenies are awesome.

I've always wanted to do something along the Silent Hill / Resident Evil type of game in Doom, but until I get my current Robotech project out of the way...

/me downloads demo.

Lutrov71 said:

That looks awesome. I think I was a beta-tester for this but my PC wouldn't let me send e-mails to you for some reason.

You could always PM me. Or talk to me on AIM if you want to discuss things(s/n = username).

And if you think those shots are nice, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Hmmm. The layout isn't much in this demo map. All those sectors crammed everywhere could have been put to better use. Also many things are breakable, like the pedistal the yellow key sits on. After lowering it some nasty HOMs appeared in the acid pool. Anyway, looks promising, but stay away from the bland level progression.