Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doom Marine

Textures: Vertical Allignment

Doom Builder can horizontally allign textures, but AFAIK it cannot allign textures vertically, is there any other decent Win XP-compatible editors that features such a function? I found it very tiresome to manually allign the textures vertically... Go ahead and laugh =)

DeePsea can do it, but you dont have a 3d editng mode. Select the lindef you want to use as a base, then mark the other ones IN ORDER that you want to align. Then go to the Misc menu, select Y texture algnment, and select align on y with texture checking. If you need more help read DeePsea's help file.

its easier if you just press y than having to use the menu ;)

And Deepsea does support a 3d editing mode, although I rather just align the textures in editor. I always find the 3d editing mode useless (I am including Doom Builder too). But its up to you.

I tried to code that feature into DB, but because I know very little about programming, it didn't work out. I may try again sometime though, as I could really use one...

I am still thinking about a propery way to code this. Automatic vertical texture alignment is very hard to make since the Upper Unpegged and Lower Unpegged flags screw up the logic in it. You can use SHIFT+C and SHIFT+V in Doom Builder 3D Mode to copy/paste texture coordinates for now (and use A to align the X offsets afterwards).

Codeimp:
I have an idea. Instead of having one option, Verticle Alignment, you should have two. Verticle Alignment Based on Upper Texture and Verticle Alignment Based on Lower Texture. Then it would adjust all of the walls with the same texture that are pegged/unpegged. If there is an unpegged wall in the pegged sectors it can be counted like a different texture just like in Horizontal Alignment. See what I'm saying?

Convered Doomer, I know how you feel :(
I have made archways that have linedefs about 8 pixels wide. It is awkward to align the textures due to the size of the linedefs, especially when you have to align 64 linedefs just for one arch that is only 256 units across...

In arches You're talking about, I presume that You have upped textures applied? Why don't You use upper-unpegged?!
And then aling them in X, it's easy.

Because I'm a noob remember, I havent done this stuff for doom before ;) oh and omg that makes it alot easier. Well at least I understand upper unpegged and lower unpegged properly now.