Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravitar

Hr184144 demo and prBoom 224

It goes out of sync in the room where you must
telefrag the cyberdemon, i started it like:
prboom.exe -iwad doom2.wad -file hr.wad -playdemo hr184144.lmp
which is like in the readme says.
Is there any alternative way to run it ?

if you are running a computer that can run prboom, I bet you can run doom2.exe without sound.
luckily, there are alternative hr18 demos to choose from. :)
good luck.

Yes, that demo desyncs for me too in prboom 2.2.4. (Thank Andrey for fast forward.)

Hr18 seems to have some "issues" in that respect - the current UV Speed record (Ryback's marvellous hr18-348) also desyncs in both Prboom and Eternity (cph is aware of it, but hasn't managed to fix the problem).

As Opulent says, you can watch it with Doom2.exe, using -nosound (or using PC Speaker for sfx - whatever works best on your system).

Note that it is very rare for compet-n demos to desync with Prboom and Eternity - you have just stumbled across one of the very few where there is a problem.

Puh, i´m relieved,i thought i screwed something
up again :|
To be honest i don´t know where to get the
Doom2.exe, i have Ultimate/Final Doom and
Collectors Edition but there is only Doom95.exe
Also, Grazza, can you post that ffd-script,that
would be useful for long runs i guess.
And i must say i really like Eternity, it looks
very nice :)

You can get the original DOS exes from myk's site. You need to run SETUP.EXE. Though if you have the Shareware v. 1.9, you already have Doom2.exe (you just need to rename it), surprisingly enough.

The fast forward is a feature in Andrey Budko's modified version of Prboom 2.2.4. It enables you to change the playback speed in-game (in standard Prboom and Eternity, you can vary the playback speed, but you need to restart the program for it to take effect). Instructions are included, but in brief: "Num Pad +" speeds up; "Num Pad -" slows down; "Num Pad *" restores it to normal speed.

Grazza said:

(Thank Andrey for fast forward.)

Grazza,
Could you be so kind to edit my readme. txt to present it in more readable and clear way to other users? English is not my native language, so I have some troubles with expression of my thoughts.

I'm kind of busy at the moment, but I'll try to make a bit of time to do that.

the textfile and a.bat example seem very straight forward to me... I haven't tried it yet, but I personally don't think any 'translation' is needed.