Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Terra-jin

DOOM battles

What combination of monsters would you think is most dangerous? Think of the battles of the extreme-style maps (ie HR, AV, and Deus Vult). Of course, there is more to a battle than just which monsters are present, like the environment, what resources you have, etc.

In short, what battles would you consider the most challenging?

For your post not to look like spam, you should put your own proposition... you know... as if you actually got the setting in mind at first and, THEN, wondered what others could come up with.

Oh, ok. I just thought I'd raise a topic that hasn't been done yet (at least for while).

As for my own proposition: Mancubi on high ground, hitscan enemies next to them, and a horde of Imps, Barons, and Arachnotrons in the middle. You'd have the Mancubi and the hitscanners raining death at you from a nasty spot, and you'd have to clear out the projectile-based enemies first to get to them.

I sat here for five minutes trying to think up a valid or interesting response. I came up empty-handed. That's how hopeless this thread is.

Oh, I've got one! You VS. EVERY FUCKING DEMONx1000 WITH NO WEAPONS AND .05% HEALTH!

Maybe not. How about this to prevent such answers in the future:

Try to come up with the most challenging battle setup using the fewest enemies.

For instance, I was working on a map (put on hold for a bit while I concentrate on more important maps) where you're in a medium sized open area leading to some dark caves which interconnect at various places. As you start, you have the shotgun, the super shotgun, the chaingun, and plenty of ammo. On the right are about a half dozen Cacodemons floating high above. On the left are two or three Imps and maybe a Demon. In the caves is an Arachnotron, a Revenant, two Hell Knights, two Spectres, a Mancubus at the far end, a conveniently placed Arch-Vile in a little alcove behind some bars, and another one free (deaf) in an opening on the other side of the caves, along with a Baron of Hell. All the enemies are placed in such a way as to give the maximum challenge, and that single Revenant makes all the difference when you're also trying to dodge Arachnotron attacks, all while trying desperately (and usually failing) not to alert that second Arch-Vile.

heres mine:
Revnants way off in the distance (a dozen or so) hit scan enemies on high ground and a WAVE of the pink demons

but then again I usualy play on -fast so my life sux anyway =p

Revenant, Arch-Viles, and Barons on the same level as you, maybe with imps, and Chaingun guys on higher ground with Shotgun guys and acouple Revenants.

Large, open arena, with windows cut in the walls, featuring chaingunners in all of these windows.