Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Naitguolf

[newproject]Aliens Graphs

You might be able to get away with more if you use ZDGL, but that just depends on whether timmie's set it up that way.

chilvence said:
[/B] but that just depends on whether timmie's set it up that way. [/B]

sorry, what do you mean?

I might use zdoomgl, but i want to use zdoom. Zdoom graphs are only 8 bits, right?

Naitguolf said:

sorry, what do you mean?

I might use zdoomgl, but i want to use zdoom. Zdoom graphs are only 8 bits, right?

Yes. They are limited to the current palette.

Which has 256 colors. I think that Doom's pallette should be effecient for Aliens with it's browns.
However, if Your project is going to be a 100% new TC You might want to make a new pallette :-)

well, that jpg uses doom palette. (well, in fact, i work with pcx files)

If i need to conver a graph to doom palete, i use Div Games Studio. The graph editor is cool. But i know is not a professional way.

Any program to convert palettes?

I presume You mean apply a palette to an image?
PSP does the job very well. GO to Load-palette. You can choose either nearest color or error diffusion (e.d. comes out usually very pixelated, so use nearest color).
If You meant to make a palette out of an image-that's simple too. In PSP-convert an image to a 256 colour one and save it's palette to a *.pal file, which You can later apply to other images via Load Palette.
Hope me helps.

What issues do You mean?
Things like a skyblue colour coming out gray when the palette is applied? That is unavoidable, unless You use a new palette. Doom's palette lacks in a couple of colours (such as sky blue) and such colours will come out in gray.

Opening the sprite you want to replace in paint using Wintex, and choosing "paste from" works well for importing new sprites, and no fancy tools required!

Those sprites look great, especially the face hugger. Your own? Or did you borrow them from another source?

They way they're sized makes them look like Build engine sprites. Neat.