Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kstr

Come On England!

Just posting to say good luck to the lads b4 the match! GOOD LUCK!

It's about the football event Euro 2004, and i believe England's playing Portugal tonight.

Pretty much stuff we europeans are familiar with.

edit: Btw go for it England!

BlueSonnet said:

It's about the football event Euro 2004, and i believe England's playing Portugal tonight.

Pretty much stuff we europeans are familiar with.

Oh, ok. Well, good luck then for England.

Sadly, a typical ending - the team is unable to hold it together in the last few minutes, then loses on penalties. (which is just like my club side, only without the overpaid showboaters)

Besides, we didn't fall to the penalties, we fell to the 'host factor' - that is, the conspiracy that disallows any goal (usually late on) that sends the hosts out (unless it's 100% clear, like our equaliser was). Spain fell to it against us in Euro 96 (two disallowed, lost on penalties) and Italy fell to it against South Korea in the 2002 World Cup (two disallowed, lost the game), now it's our turn against Portugal (one disallowed, lost on penalties).

Oh well, blame it on the tossers who committed suicide for us against France. (once again, a suicide knocks us out of a tournament)

Fredrik said:

Beckham's going to get hell now.

I hope he does - not content with playing crap throughout, taking a penalty against his club keeper (= no no) and missing it, he goes and does it again in the worst possible way. Fact is, he only cares about fame and fortune, nothing else.

Well, I could care less about Beckham getting hell.

It's a real shame about Rooney though.

Fuck it. Useless cunts.

Edit: Blah, Beckham wasn't the cause, the entire team was. Fact is, we played poorly for over 90 minutes, with just brief flashes of decency early on (when we scored), and in extra time. Sure, we were unlucky to lose Rooney, and to have the late goal disallowed. But still,if you realistically want to win big competitions, you have to play a hell of a lot better than we did tonight. We were the worse team on the day, and we deserved what we got, as bitter a pill as it might be to swallow.

I don't think we played all that badly. It's a bugger to go out on penalties, but I guess a 'draw' was the right result for the game as a whole.

One thing I don't get is why we always resort to playing long ball football. It doesn't bloody work. Against Crotia we passed the ball about a lot, kept possession, and played pretty well. But as soon as Owen scored against Portugal we started hoofing it up the pitch. The Portugeese didn't give us as much room as Croatia, and it seems that as soon as somebody presses us our first instinct is just to hoof it up pitch.

But I'm certainly not going to blame Beckham. He hasn't had a great tournament (and neither has Owen despite his goal), but I'm not going to be jumping on the bandwagon just yet.

Beckham is a winner in my mind cause he gets to go home and have sex with a spice girl. lol

Postiga with a clutch goal!

Now if only he could actually score for Spurs once in a while :/

I knew England would lose. :(
But from what i watched, it was that stupid referee is to blame. Still, the team's getting too cocky.

Bwahahahahaaha.... owned by the Portugese goalie... how humiliating can you get?

zarkyb said:

Bwahahahahaaha.... owned by the Portugese goalie... how humiliating can you get?

Isn't as bad as our goalie failing to save that cheap shot towards the end.

zarkyb said:

Try playing for Scotland and never qualifying for anything :P

Yeah, 'soccer'. Footie. That which turns kids into outcasts.

fodders said:
Try playing for Scotland and never qualifying for anything :P

Yeah, we sure owned them hard :)

Spike said:

Yeah, 'soccer'. Footie. That which turns kids into outcasts.

And bores America.

Trasher][ said:
And bores America.

Shit, we forgot to put up a "no americans allowed here" sign.