Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
[W4GH4X]

AVP New Trailer!

Pretty cool. Allthough I think they should not use the Alien character in these kind of movies. It is sorta disrespectfull.

Looks pretty good,But it doesnt look like the Humans have Pulse Rifles,WHAT THE HELL KIND OF ALIENS MOVIE IS THIS WITHOUT PULSE RIFLES?!?!?!

Psyonisis said:

I have a feeling that this movie will not do well with the general public. Of course, all nerds know the AVP story has been around for a while, but most people will view this as a lame money-grabbing crossover (e.g. Freddy vs. Jason). I, however, am looking forward to it.

Well it sort of is a lame money-grabbing crossover.

Doesn't mean us dorks won't be lapping it up.

AVP will be fun, if not strictly for nostalgic purposes.

Seeing Aliens or Predators in a movie always makes my heart swell.

If only Rambo was in this movie, then it would be complete.

Aliens vs Predator vs Matrix vs Terminator vs Rambo vs Ash vs Lord of the Rings vs Freddy vs Jason vs Raptors vs Darth Vader vs Unicron

Arioch said:

Aliens vs Predator vs Matrix vs Terminator vs Rambo vs Ash vs Lord of the Rings vs Freddy vs Jason vs Raptors vs Darth Vader vs Unicron

That would be shit. I mean wheres Robocop?

I thought it would just be one alien vs. one predator. Now they can get away with a battle where the aliens and predators weed each other thin and the humans come in the final scene to kill whatever's left without much trouble.

This isn't what I'd hoped. I want two hours of one alien and one predator going fistacuffs the entire time. And I want to see that Predator whoop some ass.

-E

Endureth said:

This isn't what I'd hoped. I want two hours of one alien and one predator going fistacuffs the entire time. And I want to see that Predator whoop some ass.

-E

Are you kidding me? A single predator can take on an entire hive if he's good. Hell, a single human did. He's certainly not going to be held up by one single alien drone.

In fact, I'm glad there's an actual alien queen in this one, but I wonder where she and her drones are gestating, because there probably aren't enough human expedition members to make a proper hive out of, Aliens style.

That works well as a concept, but it would be a whole movie without one line of dialogue. Who in hollywood would buy that? It would have to be from a more experimental sort of scene. I dont doubt that it would work though - you never saw people speak in Tom and Jerry (and if they did, it was because that episode sucked)

Castaway was a silent movie for the most part. Oh wait, bad example, it sucked. Tom and Jerry, yeah.

-Endureth

Saw this trailer last week; doesn't make it any less great, though. Brilliant stuff.

Endureth said:

Tom and Jerry, yeah.

When I was in China earlier this month I saw some Tom and Jerry episodes dubbed with Sichuan dialect dialogue. At first I thought it was blasphemy, but after a few episodes I realized that in most cases the peculiarities of the Sichuan dialect complemented the humor of Tom and Jerry and resulted in a much funnier experience.

IMO.

I kinda have a beef with the fact that (from what it appears) the avp movie is set at present time. Every Avp comic i've seen was set in the future. I can't help wonder if this movie's missing something big without pulse rifles and smartguns or big-ass man-made spaceships.

Otherwise a one on one with one and alien and a predator would stink because the predator is too bad-assed to be beaten by just one. I'm glad there's a queen in this movie.

As for the tom and jerry movie, well, talking all the time and working together is very tomandjerryish for tom and jerry. Wasn't really a tom and jerry movie for me.

It probably won't hurt that the movie is set in the present. For me, things set in current timeframes always make the movie a bit more engaging to watch. I dunno, it just makes it more.....ah, I can't find the word.

But yeah, from the trailer, there looks to be like a crapload of Aliens. It seems unreasonable that they all came from the expedition team.