Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
deldelda

Question about wintex

I'm new to sprite editing. Yay for me.

When I want to edit a sprite, I simply have to double-click on it, right? After doing so, I hit yes on the menu that pops up, which is asking me if I want to continue. Then an error message pops up; it says, "Bad command (next line) pbrush.exe c:\winnt\temp\stima0.bmp"

What am I doing wrong? And yes, I do have stima0.bmp in that folder. Maybe I'm missing the program - where would it be?

And in the help file it says to refuse to use pbrush.exe if I want to use another (or, I guess, if I want to use paint.exe). How do I do that? Do I click on 'no' when it asks if I want to continue? Then all it does is go back to the open wadfile menu-thing, where it lists all the sprites etc.

PS I'm thinking of making a joke-type wad, like Doom 3: Mr. Smiley Head's Safari or Mock 2: The Speed of Stupid (or similar). I'm pretty bad at making levels, so all I have to do is try and boom, right there is a funny level. Making the stimpacks look like Cheese will be a welome addition to any crappy level set.

I will probably have questions later, so this is not the last you will hear from me ...

Edit the wintex.ini file to point to your editor of choice. That menu that came up I believe was to do and configure that. Anyways, edit the wintex.ini. Oh, and if you are jokemapping, yeah, best to use paint ;).

Sssank-you sssir, I am on my way to rrrolling more eyesss than the nexssst yu-gi-oh exssspansssion.

[/snake]