Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shapeless

Most famous Monster

What do you think is the most recognizable monster from Doom 1-2

this isn't another what's your Favorite Monster thread. It's which one you think is the best Symbol of Doom

I'm going to have to say the Pink Demon. because it's not only unique but if you show a picture of it the Average person. They will are most likly able to recognize it as Doom then any other monster.

And the Lost soul wins the cake for the most generic design. it wouln't be hell without them, but they are biker cleashay.

I's say the Imp is the most recognizable monster. The Lost Soul is the only doom Monster you'll see on the back of Hell's Angel's vests.
Of course they call it they call it the death skull, but that's another story.

yeah, probably the pink demon; it seems to be the one they always show on tv or in screenshots and such

imp, definitely imp. Doom just wouldn't be as great as it is today if it wasn't for our brown, horn convered friend. They are the symbol of doom.

The cacodemon's pretty damn famous to. The cacodemon almost stands for doom.

i think the Demon, Barron and Cyberdemon stand out the most. but the imps were more common and are in almost every screenshot.

It is either the imp, demon or the baron.
Eg: the monsters you meet in episode1.

All of the monsters in Episode 1 of DOOM. There are tons of people who have played the Shareware Episode but have never purchased the actual game. This applies for Quake and many other video games out on the market as well.

For DOOM 2, I would have to say the Icon of Sin since DOOM newbies (like me, even though I know how to defeat the monster, but I still play all my fun at I'm Too Young To Die) are confused and unable to defeat the boss, and are probably asking for help on all the forums available on how to defeat it.

Haha, your kidding right? You press the icon walls to bring them down until you get to the top of the giant stairlike structure, then press the skull switch. The platform goes up, you press it down, stand on it, fire a rocket into it's head 3 or 4 times and you win. Really easy, I did it on HMP.

I do know how to defeat the boss (I mentioned it in the last post).

The problem is, many newbies do not know how. The only hard part for me is correctly aiming the rockets, but it isn't too hard.

It's sad that I suck at DOOM II, but if I couldn't defeat the boss monster after playing DOOM II for who-knows-how-long, that would probably get the DOOM Community laughing and making fun of me as though I am a complete moron(who knows, admitting that I stink at DOOM and being unable to win the game at a skill higher than I'm Too Young To Die after who-knows-how-long of DOOM play might get some people to make fun, but at least I am telling the truth).