Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomaddict

The News-Too bad to be true?

What is your favorite newspaper or news channel?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite newspaper or news channel?

• CNN
    • NBC
    • The New York Times
    • The Wall Street Journal
    • Local Newspaper-Please list
    • Another newschannel-Please List
    • Other source for news (the Web, friend)
    • I don\'t know what makes the news

Basically, there is almost no good news.

Is it possible the media is lying (so that money can be made)?
Think about Jayson Blair.

I vote Fox news also, but I just drank bong water and liked that too.

doomaddict said:

Basically, there is almost no good news.

Is it possible the media is lying (so that money can be made)?
Think about Jayson Blair.

DUH.

I've known this for a LONG time. People like to believe that the world is a dark, evil place and that everybody is there enemy. Then there are those who use this fact to their advantage, perpotrating the "Cruel World" myth because they get something out of it... something like more ratings.

Not to say nothing bad ever happens in the real world, but the media tends to downplay the good news in favor of the rebellious teenagerish "OMG TEH WURLD SUX!!!!" one.

News is useless. If you want to know what's going on in the world - go and see it. But then 90% of the time its the same thing thats happening where you grew up, in a different skin, and I guess thats not important to know as far as 'News' is concerened.

The Daily Show, you.... shriveled Monkey!

P.S. Linguica officially has the coolest Avatar on Earth now. Grats to you.

i personally find the notion that some people get their news exclusively from fark.com or the daily show discomforting

I read 12 different daily newspapers, 16 news websites and various journals.

j/k, Slashdot and IRC.

a god exapmle of lying is a local event. a firefighter and snake collectors was bit by his prized vipor. he was dead by the time he arived at the hospital.
for what ever reason they made up alot of BS. either to glorify the fire fighter, to attack snake owners, make it seem less tragic or a combo of those.

they said he was careflighted to another hospital and hung on for many hours. i have heard so many variations. however simple fact is none of it happened, the guy was bitten and basicly died 10-15 mintues later. this is from the source, the widow. she understands it was an accident, while tragic, she doesnt hold a grudge aginst the snake. i am sure he would be upset about what the media did and the fact that his case is being used not just to ban venomous snake but all snakes.

so i really dont fallow the news much

I don't blame you, Sephiroth. Not much good these days. Only if the world was a better place (like every single person playing DOOM and loving it).

Curses to me. I forgot to say where I get news from.

I get it by going on to MSNBC or by watching a random news channel (whatever I feel like) but whether it's worth the time (in my case) is questionable.

fuck the news, anything important ill hear from friends. the only thing the news is good for is to give the public more things to worry about and fear

Bloodshedder said:

Where do your friends hear it?

Same way I do, by the web (MSNBC) or watching TV (whatever I feel like watching)

I get the news from Fox. Well, I turn on the TV around that time for background noise and just listen to whatever's happening in the city I don't live in.

"Nine o' Clock News, the rest is just History."

The Olde Keswickian '1754.16.9'
That was my favourite because a man left his window open and a BIRD got in, haha.

DoomDiz said:

I get my news from the daily show w/ John Stewart............hehehehehehehehe

second

Local news here, such as CBC and other wholesome news programs.

I just check it every now and then to see what major buildings have blown up. No point in reading the news everyday, especially when it is always the same old things.

More often than not, major news will be posted on one of the forums I frequent anyway.

Sadly I don't watch or read much news, though I really should. Most the things I learn are from my dearest, though sometimes from whichever news channel is on the TV downstairs while I'm eating din-din. :D And I learn a lot on many things from right here on Doomworld and it's members. :D