Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Job

US hands over Iraqi sovereignty

The US finally handed over power to the Iraqis. In fact, it was done a couple days earlier than usual. Draw your own conclusions as to why. Read more about it here.

This news makes me extremely happy. I'm glad that Iraq can finally be ruled by peaceful rulers instead of madmen that gas civilians.

BBG said:

This news makes me extremely happy. I'm glad that Iraq can finally be ruled by peaceful rulers instead of madmen that gas civilians.

Like us.

ravage said:

Like us.

lololol oh we are so awful we should just all kill ourselves rather than subject the rest of the world to our tyranny ;_;

ravage said:

Like us.

The term 'Collateral Damage' comes to mind

BBG said:

The new Prime Minister is indeed a man of peace

Dr. Allawi's group, the Iraqi National Accord, used car bombs and other explosive devices smuggled into Baghdad from northernIraq" " Robert Baer, former Central Intelligence Agency officer, recalled that a bombing during that period "blew up a school bus; schoolchildren were killed." Mr. Baer, a critic of the Iraq war, said he did not recall which resistance group might have set off that bomb.Other former intelligence officials said Dr. Allawi's organization was the only resistance group involved in bombings and sabotage at that time."

BBG said:

But they're not in charge, the Americans are. (the government can't change laws, stop US military operations and is no doubt a puppet government, like most others in the Middle East)

ravage said:

Like us.

I don't really have anything to say, I just felt like quoting this again.

fodders said:

The new Prime Minister is indeed a man of peace

I highly doubt their intention was to kill children, but if that is the case, then I consider myself humbled.

Scuba Steve said:

Everybody loves Ramen.

They make cheap noodles. I hate Ramen.

-E

It's surprising the Republicans passed on the tremendous marketing opportunity to announce sovereignty would be handed over July 6th, but then actually hand it over two days earlier so we'd share the same Independence Day.

Gokuma said:

It's surprising the Republicans passed on the tremendous marketing opportunity to announce sovereignty would be handed over July 6th, but then actually hand it over two days earlier so we'd share the same Independence Day.

nah, I'd bet that would piss off a lot of people...even those in favor of bush. I doubt 'anti-raghead' 'nuke-em-all' types would go for something like this

Some argue the transfer of power was done earlier to avoid terrorist attacks and chaos on June 30th. If they, the coalition, are afraid of terrorism, then how the hell are the Iraqis going to take care of that issue? They don't have the same high tech weaponry. And don't forget that most Iraqis don't feel like becoming police officers or soldiers anymore after they continuously get carbombed all the time.

Not that anything changes at all. The new Iraqi government is a government of puppets.

/me looks into his crystal ball...

I see Saddam's trial in Iraq... I see lawyers, I see Iraqi people refusing to go against him in the box... I see Saddam being released... I see Saddam getting re-elected into power... I see the Iraq war II being remembered as the world's greatest momment in pointlessness... I see darknation, in a room four years from now, laughing his ass off...

I don't really want to bring this up, but...

I was watching a documentary on WWII earlier today. More specifically, it was about the Nazi party. I learned some things that took place in the ten years following the war that I didn't know before, such as:

1. Germany's 'rebuilding' was overseen by 4 nations. Great Britian, Russia, the United States and France. Each nation was responsible for restoring order to the country and stamping out Nazi supporters.

2. All four countries basically commited a form of ethnic cleansing by eliminating the Nazi supporters. Not geniocide by killing those of certain ethnic groups but by their political beliefs. I don't know that there is a term for that. Selective cleansing?

3. Anyone suspected of being a Nazi supporter was executed, most without any form of trial. Americans used firing squads; the British used the guillotine.

4. There was strong resistance all throughout Germany against what Nazi civilians (not all necessarily men who fought against the Allies in the war) considered an occupation. Which, for all intents and purposes, it was an occupation. Riots, vandalism, and well just look at what's going on in Iraq and the list is pretty much the same.

5. In one incident an American soldier was shot by a wolverine (the name of a Nazi radical group). In retaliation the entire American force was pulled out of the town and it was subjected to a night of arillery bombardment. There was no distinction made between the innocent and guilty.

6. As hard as it is to believe, Russian 'justice' was even worse.

Now, I have no opinion on any of this either way. I just found it all very interesting and I'll be going to the library to see what else I can find out about the state of Germany for the first 10 years following the war.

But I bring it up because of what's going on in the middle east. It all sounds pretty familiar when I read about the resistance taking place in Iraq concerning the current American occupation. This all seems pretty normal now.

Discuss.

-Endureth

Endureth said:

1. Germany's 'rebuilding' was overseen by 4 nations. Great Britian, Russia, the United States and France. Each nation was responsible for restoring order to the country and stamping out Nazi supporters.

2. All four countries basically commited a form of ethnic cleansing by eliminating the Nazi supporters. Not geniocide by killing those of certain ethnic groups but by their political beliefs. I don't know that there is a term for that. Selective cleansing?

3. Anyone suspected of being a Nazi supporter was executed, most without any form of trial. Americans used firing squads; the British used the guillotine.

holy shit I'm oppressed and I never even knew it.

/me goosesteps for FREEDOM!

killer9 said:

Let em rot.

Yes, because in the end that will make America a little safer too. Letting Iraqis rot will make everyone in the middle east love America, heh.

those steps needed taken in germany. also it was a different time. yes therer were mistakes.

however they knew that it had to be done, and 6 years of war would make vengence grow deep.

they knew no nazi supporter could be left alive. the nazi party had been made illegal after Hitler's fail attempt to seize power in the late 20's. that made it underground. if the nazi party survived, well the allies could have been fucked years later. Also at this time the 'whole' mass murder spree the nazis went on was world news. people back home had no idea the germans were doing this. well we knew they hated jews and such, and could be brutal. hell the leaders had only rumors to go on about death camps. not until towards the end of the war did we find them

thats why i laught at this whole "prison abuse" thing. that is nothing compared to past wars. even more compared to what 'terrorist' groups do to their prisoners. yea i may not like the idea but this is nothing compared to what could really be happening.

Endureth said:

I don't really want to bring this up, but...

I was watching a documentary on WWII earlier today. More specifically, it was about the Nazi party. I learned some things that took place in the ten years following the war that I didn't know before, such as:

4. There was strong resistance all throughout Germany against what Nazi civilians (not all necessarily men who fought against the Allies in the war) considered an occupation. Which, for all intents and purposes, it was an occupation. Riots, vandalism, and well just look at what's going on in Iraq and the list is pretty much the same.

5. In one incident an American soldier was shot by a wolverine (the name of a Nazi radical group). In retaliation the entire American force was pulled out of the town and it was subjected to a night of arillery bombardment. There was no distinction made between the innocent and guilty.

6. As hard as it is to believe, Russian 'justice' was even worse.

Now, I have no opinion on any of this either way. I just found it all very interesting and I'll be going to the library to see what else I can find out about the state of Germany for the first 10 years following the war.

But I bring it up because of what's going on in the middle east. It all sounds pretty familiar when I read about the resistance taking place in Iraq concerning the current American occupation. This all seems pretty normal now.

Discuss.

-Endureth

Are you kidding? They had to make sure every Nazi supporter was burned to the ground. Look at Germany today, they have huge programs dedicated to educating kids about the holocaust, and WW2. They also have a memorial in every city for the jews. They also ban, any and all forms of media that even mention the word nazi. Think they would be like this if allies didn't stamp the nazi party to the ground?