Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Lights, Camera, Action!

Some new news about the elusive Doom Movie can be found here at comingsoon.net. Apparently Warner Brothers dropped its option to make the movie, and Universal has picked it up:

Universal Pictures has optioned Doom for producers Lorenzo di Bonaventura and John Wells, with Enda McCallion attached to make his directorial debut, reports Variety.

The script, originated by Dave Callaham, is adapted from the plotline for the id Software and Activision video game "Doom 3," slated for release July 15.

The story is set at a Mars space station, where an aerospace conglom is conducting secret experiments when something unleashes a demonic force that threatens to overtake the facility.

I guess you don't need to go to the article now, since that's the entire thing, so instead you should learn all about how your computer is going to kill you. And yes, the July 15th thing is interesting, but I suggest taking it with a grain of salt until there's some sort of formal announcement from id or Activision.

EDIT: According to this, the movie rights have not been given to Universal, but have instead reverted back to id.

So in other words, the movie still isn't being made. Let's see how long it takes until Universal drops out (as every other company before has done...)

Yeah, because Quentin Tarantinos directorial debut was awful, as well as was Akira Kurasowas. Just because it's a debut doesn't mean it's awful.

However I'm not familiar with the other directors either, so I have no idea if they're going to completely rape doom or not.

So if Universal makes the movie, does that mean Vivendi Universal has the rights to a game based on the movie?

A game based on a movie based on a game? The sad thing is that it wouldn't surprise me if that actually happened.

Linguica said:

So if Universal makes the movie, does that mean Vivendi Universal has the rights to a game based on the movie?

Doom The Movie: The Game

Linguica said:

It happened to Street Fighter 2 (remember Jean-Claude Van Dam as Guile), so it's not like it can't happen.

Maybe the game based on the movie wouldn't be an FPS.

Imp said:

Computers can kill you? Shit almost anything can kill you in this day and age.

It seems that this article is one of those un-stories, though. These things have been around for years and no one's said anything, and now that something is being done about it, it's finally reported.
Anyone who pays attention too much to this kind of story would end up locking themselves in a dark room and just rotting away. Life's just too short, man.

"The levels in the dust are enough to raise a red flag, but not enough to create a crisis," said Dr. Gina Solomon

"The electronics industry has been reducing or eliminating some brominated flame retardants since the late 1990s, when European countries began prohibiting the sale of products that contain the chemicals."

It feels weird when I see a post by someone else stamped with my avatar... or maybe the flame retardants are getting to me.

myk said:

It feels weird when I see a post by someone else stamped with my avatar... or maybe the flame retardants are getting to me.

Hah, that's why I changed mine... But unfortunately somebody else had the same avatar as me.

Linguica said:

They should call it Halflife 2!

Russell_P said:

A game based on a movie based on a game? The sad thing is that it wouldn't surprise me if that actually happened.

Wouldn't be the first time. I saw a Jurassic Park book based on the movie, which was of course based on a book.

myk said:

Good thing I don't have that problem.