Find results that contain...
Find results in...
drfrag

HERESY v0.11 released

Hi, guys. The new version has just been released and it's ready
for download and a well deserved REVIEW, since it has not been
reviewed yet.
It fixes the installation problems some of you encountered and has
many bug fixes/improvements, like better DM support.
In case you didn't know it's a quality conversion to play the
HERETIC levels in DOOM2, but done classic DOOM style.
I won't bother you anymore, just wanted to ask for that damn
review. Some people keeps telling it's a crap without playing it,
but some people have really played it and like it.
I don't like this situation, it's not fair.
I'm sorry for the installation problems but DEUTEX is full of
nasty surprises. Regards.

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12585

Wanna know why quite a few people don't like it? It's becuase you constantly shove it in our face. It's getting fucking annoying seeing you come to places like ZDoom annd Doomworld's fourms and post shit like:

"the new version of THE HERESY has come!
the new batch file now reduces the chance of assraping your heretic and doom 2 wads by 0.1%!
i need good REVIEWS for it, since noone likes it. it took a lot of time and effort, so please play and REVIEW it!"

Not to mention it's been stated that this could be done 30 minutes, tops, in ZDoom.
And before you start bitching about "U SHUD PLAY IT BEFRE YOU DIS IT!! " 1) I don't have the full version and 2) even if I did, I would not put it and Doom2.wad in danger so I can play Heretic maps with Pinkies and Reverents instead of Golems and Knights, which behave almost exactly the same.

In Maximum DOOM you can find a convertion of the whole episode one of Heretic into DOOM 2. The textures are the same of the DOOM 2 wad, but there is a selection that make it look very similar.

Also, I really, no... REALLY hate hard to install mods, that's why I don't like Edge mods. Why don't to make it simple, just "yourexe -file yourwad.wad"?

Vegeta said:

In Maximum DOOM you can find a convertion of the whole episode one of Heretic into DOOM 2. The textures are the same of the DOOM 2 wad, but there is a selection that make it look very similar.

Also, I really, no... REALLY hate hard to install mods, that's why I don't like Edge mods. Why don't to make it simple, just "yourexe -file yourwad.wad"?

So true.

Vegeta said:

Why don't to make it simple, just "yourexe -file yourwad.wad"?

Because that would mean the distributed wad would need to include many resources from the Heretic iwad, which would be illegal.