Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does anyone here like the Jedi Knight/Dark Forces series? Next to Doom it's my favorite PC game of all time. My favourite is Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. That game is classic. Even though I enjoy Dark Forces for the Doomy feel, Mysteries of the Sith for the added levels, Jedi Outcast for the advanced saber engine and Jedi Academy for the even more advanced saber engine, plus customizability, JK: DF2 is the best and the most classic memory-making one. I feel the same way playing it when I play Doom. Any other Jedi Knight fans?

I like a bit of saber rattling. I have to say I preferred the latter two games; they didn't have the atmosphere of Dark Forces II, but the combat and force powers more fun in them. Jumping 30 feet in the air and pulling someone up into your boots is just a classic, as is beating up a group of hapless stormtroopers with their commander, muahaha.

I thought Dark Forces 2 was a pretty good game. My brother likes it too; in fact, he was the one who introduced it to me.

I can't seem to find my dark forces 2 disk(s). Oh well. Yes I liked the game altough I haven't finished it because im lazy.

Yeah, Jedi Knight is the game that really got me in to online gaming.

And I suppose it's pretty much my favorite single player campaign out of any game, ever. Very cool...

In mp games, the brutal combination of using both force powers and serious firepower was just cool.

Yeah, they are pretty awesome. I don't know which I like best, Dark Forces or Jedi Knight (& MotS)

I liked Dark Forces, despite the really slow strafing.

Damn, JK and MOTS were awesome, but i still haven't got round to playing JK2. Murr...

JK2 & JA are ok. Used to play a fair amount. Played on lots of duel servers, but got boring since all the "FFA" servers had people just standing around watching others duel. And the stupid taunts and gravity defying /mesit ladders...though it is funny to stand up when someone sits on your head

Then you'd get some boob (sometimes me) that force chokes/push/pull defenceless and/or unaware people that stand around trying to get them over a ledge or just antagonize them.

Cool games ruined by stupid ingame ethics people created...saber down = peace? fuck that, i think i'll actually go play something else

I didn't like jk2 and ja much, but dark forces was classic, and so was jedi knight, mots was ok, but not that good.

If anybody ever wants a Jedi Knight duel on zone.com, let me know. Might be fun. (haven't played in years!! :D)

My favorite part about Dark Forces was looking up while crawling, and punching the bad guys into the atmosphere.

The reason I liked Jedi Knight as much as Doom, is because when I first played both of them I was much younger. I used cheat codes all the time, and enjoyed running around having fun. However what sets it apart from playing games now is my imagination. When I was younger I didn't understand how games worked and I was able to enjoy them more. I remember hearing rumors about secret monsters and guns in Jedi Knight and I remember countless hours I would spend on level 6 in JK looking for Chewbacca, after hearing a rumor he was there. And in Doom, I would noclip everywhere looking for secret rooms and secret monsters and secret weapons. I assumed that anything could be hidden in the games, and therefore it felt like an entire world for me.

BTW, when I first discovered addons for Doom, I was pretty exited because I realized I could finally play and design what I had imagined.

insertwackynamehere said:

The reason I liked Jedi Knight as much as Doom, is because when I first played both of them I was much younger. I used cheat codes all the time, and enjoyed running around having fun. However what sets it apart from playing games now is my imagination. When I was younger I didn't understand how games worked and I was able to enjoy them more. I remember hearing rumors about secret monsters and guns in Jedi Knight and I remember countless hours I would spend on level 6 in JK looking for Chewbacca, after hearing a rumor he was there. And in Doom, I would noclip everywhere looking for secret rooms and secret monsters and secret weapons. I assumed that anything could be hidden in the games, and therefore it felt like an entire world for me.

BTW, when I first discovered addons for Doom, I was pretty exited because I realized I could finally play and design what I had imagined.

True. Wolfenstein 3d is a good example of that effect -- where imagination was as important as what was happening on the screen. Not that modern games don't do that too, but I think it was more potent back then.