Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SirBardCat

Problem with Doombuilder and scripts

ok why the hell isn't doom builder compiling my scripts, OR recognizing fragglescript? The "compile" button in the script editor isn't even highlighted. I dunno, maybe it doesn't support FS. That would be gay.

FraggleScript isn't a compiled language, it's pure interpreted. The source of your script has to be inserted as mapinfo into the header of your level. I don't know how Doom Builder handles that. The compile option would probably be for ACS.

heh, I received the same question in my mail today (same guy?), so ill give you the same answer;

FraggleScript (FS) doesnt need to be compiled, the engine reads and executes directly from the source code. Only ACS needs to be compiled in order to work.

ok, so after writing my fragglescript, i just click close on the scripting thing, and i'm done, correct? i can't seem to get my scripts to work for anything and its driving me crazy.

Agh. All this time it was just because I left out ";" at the end of the include things.h line.
thanks for the help, guys.

*sniff* It's threads like these that make me enjoy getting up at 6:30 to go to Data Structures.