• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bucket

Textures here

http://www.strangefate.com/textures/sf.html

In another forum I visit, some guy posted textures he'd done. His words:

Hey, i released some old textures a week back.
They were done back in 2000 (outdated) and they are free to use for non-commercial projects.

They're all in 256x256x24 format. If you feel like asking express permission, you can contact him here.

Numbermind said:
They're all in 256x256x24 format

Sweet, 3D textures. I assume this means that there's 24 of them.

exl said:

Sweet, 3D textures. I assume this means that there's 24 of them.

24 bit colour. Those textures are great.

It'd be great to see someone who can make a good level using mix of that texture set.

Did anyone notice that it's a 49.3 MB download? Anyhoo, they're terrific space and military base themed textures, and they should definitely see the light of day in a wad. And seeing how ZDooM supports large textures, there's no reason to reduce the size (and resolution). However, I wonder how the textures will look when reduced from 24-bit color to the 256-color palette of DooM. I'll give it a shot when I have some time.

EDIT: Just noticed Shav's comment -- "They actually look pretty great in the Doom palette as well."

Also, I noticed that the zip file does not contain a text file. For reference, the person who did the textures is Mario Vasquez.

VERY nice textures.

Would be even better to see a jDoom wad using these (full size, 32bit colour).

BlackFish said:

heh a lowres version for most ports is going to be available soon. (friday I may release it).

When you say lowres do you mean 256-color in the DooM pallette, while retaining the original 256*256 size? If so, you'll save me a sh*tload of work to do it myself, and I'll give you credit if I use your version of the textures in any maps.

BlackFish said:

Link gives error message, as follows:

"The requested item could not be loaded by the proxy.

Proxy server's network connection was refused by the server: 192.91.210.48:82. The server may not be accepting connections or may be busy. Try connecting again later."

I'll try again later.

Ithink those textures are really cool looking. They look like the came right out of Unreal Tournament 2004 (they ARE completely original though), and would fit right in with the other textures from that game.

BlackFish said:

had to turn on the server again. sorry.

I have the file. Thanks.