Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm currently making a little Doom hub taking up all of episode 1. So far, there are 2 rooms (3 if you count a small little easy-to-find secret with a shotgun). I'll probably get some screenshots later(not that it really matters, I'm thinking about changing stuff maybe). This will be somewhat low detail, as I'm not too good at details. So far it's starting in a computer room, but I may change it to start outside.

Enough of me rambling, what do you think?

Damn, i lost my newproject tag.

EDIT: No wait, i found it again:

Mr. lerner, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

The new project tag should be changed to something like "Before you start posting about your new mega-cool and whatnot project, actually make some stuff for it, and have something to show, TALKING about this amazing thing, and not showing it, or admitting you havent even started it, is just a waste of everyone's time, you will probably never finish it"

Yeah, like *cough* Murderous Intent 2 :p

To be fair, I got screenshots uploaded to my old site (No longer up) of that and the Exhumed TC -- two VERY ambitious projects that I wasn't really asking any help with (Other than testing, but people love doing that -- you get to play cool shit early!), because I knew from my experience with the first Murderous Intent (Originally planned to be 32 maps of pure pain :D) that getting help with WADs is *not* easy, screenshots or no.

Although, the Episode 1 hub idea sounds interesting; I was working on (But never really announced) one myself, using an E1M2-style level as the hub, and stuff like a puzzle based around draining pools in my E1M3 "homage" from switches in the other levels to get by... but it suffered the "newproject" fate, like most do.

I'd hate for the Exhumed TC to suffer a similar fate though. I might just pick that up again ;)

Ok, got some pics of the 2 rooms I have finished :P.

http://www.afreehost.org/~ler/tdh1.png
Note that the top part of this room will be sky in the finished product.

http://www.afreehost.org/~ler/tdh2.png
A slightly obvious secret door. Currently leads to a shotgun, but I'm thinking I might want to put armor or bullets instead.

http://www.afreehost.org/~ler/tdh3.png
A door. It actually took a bit to figure out which linedef type in the doors category to use (raise, open, close, there's no regular just door like in doom, which is what I'm used to) until I looked at the zdoom docs. Darn you, odd hexen door linedef types.

Not much so far, but more to come later.

Screens are too damn dark, I can hardly see anything in either of the three.

My fault, should have bothered to change the default brightness in Doom Builder. For now, you might just want to crank up the brightness on your monitor.