Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DiluteCo

Music

I like it.

Could use some more complicated (maybe lead guitar) stuff underneath the simply 8th note stuff you've got going on. This definitely could work with a wad though.

This is cool stuff. I'm a musician/training producer myself.

I'm douing something lkike this but on a much larger scale as I want to do a Trent Reznor style of thing (I completely compose, perforem and produce the songs in the studio and then get a live band to play with me singing and playing guitar).

I plan on combining death/extreme/thrash metal with techno/drum n bass/industrial. I want to make a really brutral style of music with lots of electronics :D.

I've been playing guitar for 6 years and i won a sexy Gthic Les Paul :). If you want I can post a link to my song... ioys' called Old Ways and is pritty funky ;). I'm noe venturing into production techniques and i think I've come a long way. I di a similar thing tio your MP3, I playt live bass and guitar and also do vocals... I use a wealth of high end soft synths and a few EXS samples of drum kiuts (I made my own, it consists of high quality drumn samples). I also Use Logic audio which is the shit! :D.

I like where the MP3 is going, nice guitar tone :). I think you should record the guitars twice, one in the left channel and one in the right (don't simplyt copy it, it won't sound good and you will get phase cancellation on mono devices). The best thing to do is to actually play it twice. Also, recording guitars to a midi track will definately improve your timing as you are playing to a strict tempo... keep up the good work and rock on man :D.

i've heard that electronic/death metal stuff before, i believe they call it ass. DM rules, electronica blows chunks.

Most electronica I've heard is far better than mainstream metal... but that's my opinion... everyone has the right toi theirs and I don't want to start any wars... peace man :).

l3xu5 said:

This is cool stuff. I'm a musician/training producer myself.

I'm douing something lkike this but on a much larger scale as I want to do a Trent Reznor style of thing (I completely compose, perforem and produce the songs in the studio and then get a live band to play with me singing and playing guitar).

I plan on combining death/extreme/thrash metal with techno/drum n bass/industrial. I want to make a really brutral style of music with lots of electronics :D.

I've been playing guitar for 6 years and i won a sexy Gthic Les Paul :). If you want I can post a link to my song... ioys' called Old Ways and is pritty funky ;). I'm noe venturing into production techniques and i think I've come a long way. I di a similar thing tio your MP3, I playt live bass and guitar and also do vocals... I use a wealth of high end soft synths and a few EXS samples of drum kiuts (I made my own, it consists of high quality drumn samples). I also Use Logic audio which is the shit! :D.

I like where the MP3 is going, nice guitar tone :). I think you should record the guitars twice, one in the left channel and one in the right (don't simplyt copy it, it won't sound good and you will get phase cancellation on mono devices). The best thing to do is to actually play it twice. Also, recording guitars to a midi track will definately improve your timing as you are playing to a strict tempo... keep up the good work and rock on man :D.

heh, i DID record the guitars twice, i always do that, dual guitar riffs would sound retarded all in one channel, and plus i know that 90% bands guitarists are assigned a channel.

The drums and Bass were done in modplug tracker, and i prefer to keep my guitar playing a little loose, to keep from sounding fake and mechanized.

http://dcind.mancubus.net/Music/shadowoutofhell.mp3 <-- the last mp3 i did before this one.

btw all i use is a zoom fire 15 (15 watt or something) amp, and a computer microphone, and a few post-fx tricks. The guitars a B.C. Rich Warlock

http://zarkyb.mancubus.net/dpa/diluteco.jpg

Why does industrial/electronica suck ass, exactly? I think it suits DooM better than most styles -- compare the rawness of the guitars to the hellish themes present, and the electronica to the tech; ever prevalent in DooM, with the weapons AND the monsters (Plasma Gun, BFG9K, Arachnotron, Mancubus, Cyberdemon, Spider Mastermind...).

Admittedly, most MIDI electonica attempts (Or even attempts in the genres from which it is fused) suck sweaty scrotes, but that's MIDI for you -- you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Just my 2 penneth (What's that in Euros? :p), but anyway...

It's true. I try to apreciate most styles of music bevcause they all have elemenbts that can be used for certain themes. I'm always looking to extend my musical influences to erxtend the efectiveness of my music. To be truly good at something you need to have the right knowledge, and to do that you need to be open. Simply say8ing that a spacic style of music is crap with no good reason is no good...

Anyway, don't want to start any wars, it's cool thart we all have our own opinions or people like me wouldn't exist :D.

As for the setup. I used to use ModPlug tracker. It's amaizing and really powerful. You might want to go to the site and download some metal mods. You could do with using better drum samples, that's all... just a suggestion.

I take recording instruments quite sereously and I have abidget setup that will give me good quality. I'd recommend a cheap mixer and a shure sm57 as minmul really. But then, if your doing coolk stuff with what you have, go for it man. It's the best way to start off, at least your doing something, unlike me... I'm mostly dreaming of better equipment, and when I get it I still want better something else...

I made a few songs using modplug for the drums, it really is great for that. I also used to have a BC rick warlock 7 string :D. Practise makes perfect, keep up the good work man :).

:EDIT: Woah! That mp3 fucking rocks! I'm sdo amaized and the quality sounds good on my speakers! You've done a great job, especially with your low spec equipment. This is really good and just goes to show that you don't loads of money or great equipment to do great songs that sound good. This is a lesson for all to observe! You rock man!

Hey, the one with real instruments is better.

Still, I say if you're going to use the midi one, add some more complicated stuff.

:D thanks guys, the midi versions really for me to just lay my thoughts down, but i will be finishing it for Nanami's ZooM project. I'll make a post when the songs finished.

also in my opinion midi is pretty much shit. i only really use it to do stuff i dont have instruements to really do it with, or if i feel like writing something i know i cant play. most likely the mp3 version will be much different from the midi.

What happened to the links? I can't seem to go to them anymore.

Warlocks do look good, but they aren't all tha great. They are very top heavy (at least, mine was) and I had to wear mine quite high to be comfortable with it. With my Les Paul I vcan wear it really low, play it really well and just feel really comfortable and happy with it. I'm telling you, i've not played a better model than a Les Paul studio. If you get the chance, play one... Epiphones are relatively cheap and made out of a lighter wood, so they are great to start with.

I don't regret getting my baby (Epiphone Gothic Les Paul Studio) and it has so much body and tone :). This is my opinion, but IMO LP's are THE Rock guitar :D (PRS is coming close, but they are stupidly expensive!).

:twisted:

i dont get why everyone seems to say that shit about warlocks. "i dont like theyre tone" "they dont play right", i adore the fucking things. i'd get a les paul, but i need a tremelo bridge, so the next guitar im getting is a platinum warlock.

The links work from the PC with Windows XP. They don't from my laptop with Windows 98. The laptop gives me the "Cannot be displayed" error when the window pops up.