Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chubzdoomer

2 NEW DOOM 3 SCREENS ?

hmmm....isn't the second screenshot with the hell knight the beginning of one of the levels in the alpha?

Skeletor said:

hmmm....isn't the second screenshot with the hell knight the beginning of one of the levels in the alpha?

I sure hope not - that would mean that someone associated with Wal-Mart has their hands on the alpha - NOOOOo! :)

Skeletor said:

Looks like it.

I guess it just means whoever made the shots - id presumably - put a knight there just because.

I could be wrong, but that's not the same knight that's in the alpha... right? The old one was in the alpha, right?

Skeletor said:

Nope. There was no railing like that behind the HK(s) in the alpha. One had a railing in front... but it was a scripted monster, that just walked past, so you wouldnt be able to get that shot at that angle with those railings. And the other just had crates around it.

...is it sad that I can remember that even though I havent touched the alpha in months?

AirRaid said:

Nope. There was no railing like that behind the HK(s) in the alpha. One had a railing in front... but it was a scripted monster, that just walked past, so you wouldnt be able to get that shot at that angle with those railings. And the other just had crates around it.

...is it sad that I can remember that even though I havent touched the alpha in months?

Possibly, they have added that stuff to the map. I mean, the map in the alpha is over two years old at this point, and if they were to salvage any of it (and they may have), this seems like a possibility.

The archvile pic is a smaller version of what PC Gamer showed in their december 2002 issue.

mje said:

Possibly, they have added that stuff to the map. I mean, the map in the alpha is over two years old at this point, and if they were to salvage any of it (and they may have), this seems like a possibility.

Now I look again, that railing and those lights and pipes look a lot like the very beginning of the first level of the alpha. The doorway is there, the couple of steps down is there. But I certainly don't remember a hell knight there. ;) I'm not saying it is that particular short corridor, just that it looks kinda like it. Doesn't look exact. The shadows don't seem to be the same. And the camera would be imbedded in the wall of the elevator shaft if it was that corridor.

BTW I realise I'm taking this into way more depth than is really required but I felt like proving my point. That's not from the alpha. :P

AirRaid said:

In a word? Yes. But also very handy! I was convinced WalMart had turned into a bunch of... uh... alpha users.

Well it looks like to me that Wal-Mart is doing some secret operations with id or maybe id software is partners with Wal-Mart, but what do i know, i dont work for either of them! :)