Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Stop the Rock

From the ever-changing Doom 3 movie rumor mill comes word that the Rock (star of The Rundown, Walking Tall and uh, some wraslin' stuff) may be cast in the Doom movie. This is speculation for now, of course, but most likely the Rock will be in the lead role (since he's been dubbed Arnie's replacement in the world of action movies). I'm not too sure what to think of this right now, but he'd probably fit the part pretty well.

I like the Rock and all, but in Doom?

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! MAKE THE VOICES STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heh, he'd give the Demons the People's Eyebrow and kill them where they stood.

He'd make a good demon (Baron of Hell maybe?), but please not the main character.

He'll drop the Phobos Elbow on the Hellspawn's candy ass.

Anyway, I like the Rock. If they're gonna make a crappy doom movie, I'd rather them make it with a star I like. Also, funny note. As far as I remember, The Rock was going to be cast as Duke Nukem in the Duke Nukem movie.

Ralphis said:

He'll drop the Phobos Elbow on the Hellspawn's candy ass.

Anyway, I like the Rock. If they're gonna make a crappy doom movie, I'd rather them make it with a star I like. Also, funny note. As far as I remember, The Rock was going to be cast as Duke Nukem in the Duke Nukem movie.

Aaaahhahaahhahaha!

they would be equally horrid, but at least Rock can act.

Sounds like the movie's going to become just what the Doom comic book was. Campy and chock full of poorly written one-liners. Somehow I'm not surprised.

The Rock as Duke? Gahahahaha! That would be hilarious

/imagines the rock with bleached hair and crew cut, laughs self into near coma

Anyway, the Rock's cool. I could see him in a co-starring role in the Doom movie. I don't think he has enough force for the lead role. He comes over as kinda goofy somehow, even when he's serious. The head "Doomguy" should look like he could kill you with a look.

Yeah I also heard about the rock originally playing Duke Nukem. But the doom dude? This movie is going to be another stupid sci-fi action movie, full of fucking retarded one liners to ruin the dark, serious, chaotic mood of the movie. It won't suprise me if the movie only gets a PG rating, which will mean it'll be even more retarded than the comic book, and novels that were pissed out of the minds of intravenous drug users. I think they'd be much better off having a real audition and casting an unknown that no one has ever heard of. That way they can at least save a whole lotta money on production value and we don't have to watch the Rock giving the jabronie demons the people's elbow. But of course they'll cast him because he'll be able to lure most people into the movie theatres. The advantage of casting an unknown however, is that we don't associate their character, personality, with another role. Where as, when you watch the Rock, or any of other of the likely idiot choices like Vin Diesel they always play the same fucking character every movie. There are well known actors out there that are capable of being diverse with every role they get. But hell this a fuckin action movie, who really cares about any of that? =D

What the hell are you people moaning about? This isn't Shakespeare for christ's sake, it's a movie about a big guy with guns killing aliens/hellspawn. I mean who were you expecting in the lead role? Al Pacino? Patrick Stewart? Judy Dench? The Rock is a perfectly sensible choice, and the quality of the movie will depend far more on the scriptwriter and director's abilities than the action hero lead. Arnie was never the greatest actor, but he still made Total Recall, a pretty damn kickass intelligent action movie about guns, Mars and aliens.

Personally I'm just glad it's not fucking Keaunu Reeves.

A doom movie would not be complete unless no one ever spoke a word, there was only the main character and demons, and the main character shoots those demons.

Thus, good choice with the Rock.