Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mogul

Sick dog killing (this could open a can of worms)

Endureth said:

Big deal. Guess how many hamburgers I eat every month. A firecracker in the mouth is quicker and more humane than what happens to some of the animals we eat.

Hmm?
Do you know exactly what happens to animals that are slaughtered for meat?
I got the impression that they were killed in a fairly humane way (but correct me if I'm wrong) - much better way to buy it than what could've easily have happened to them in nature.

And as much as I hate sadistic people who revel in causing such pain on animals, I can't help but thinking that it's no different from good ol' mother nature. Animals die every day in the most cruel ways possible out there - some human fuckwit felt like torturing an animal to death? Well, only difference is that the dead was done by a supposedly intelligent animal rather than a regular predator.

How would you feel if YOUR dog was killed and all the killers got was 1 year in prison?

One year in prison is pretty rough if you're young - and let's not forget what other prisoners might do to you. Plus, the rest of your life, you'll have trouble finding a job. People commit suicide for such reasons.

If someone killed my dogs I would cut their legs off, set their house on fire, and watch them try to drag themself out of the house. If he made it, I would chainsaw what's left of him into millions of pieces and set those on fire.

doomaddict said:

How would you feel if YOUR dog was killed and all the killers got was 1 year in prison?

Dude - one year in PRISON. I don't think anybody deserves being in such a place for ending the life of an animal that's so readily replacable...

I don't know. Am I being insensitive here?

doomaddict said:

I'd be completely enraged. I would want that person DEAD.

But just because I want something to happen doesnt mean it's a good idea. People who let themselves be ruled by their emotions end up doing things like.... killing puppies.

killer9 said:

A little bit of an overkill don't you think Bashe?

Overkill? It's not enough kill...

mje said:
I don't know. Am I being insensitive here?

No, just subhuman. So be careful; an animal, and less than human.

Like you said, you don't know.

myk said:

No, just subhuman. So be careful; an animal, and less than human.

Like you said, you don't know.

Wait, I'm being subhuman because I don't think a person deserves a year in prison because they killed a dog? :D

Talking about worms and idiotic smileys...

No, really, I want to know what you meant by "subhuman." I'm not kidding at all. The way I interpret what you said is that you are saying I'm being subhuman because I don't think a person should necesarilly get one year in PRISON because they killed a dog.

Please explain.

EDIT -- thanks for re-opening the thread.

mje said:

No, really, I want to know what you meant by "subhuman." I'm not kidding at all. The way I interpret what you said is that you are saying I'm being subhuman because I don't think a person should necesarilly get one year in PRISON because they killed a dog.

he used 'subhuman' as a slanderous remark because you two have differing opinions.

domestication is funny...it's strange how humanity has grown with (evolved?) and attained a kind of empathy with certain animals when really, as animals ourselfs, we shouldn't give a flying fuck what happens to other species. But of course, domestication was a necessity.

All in all, I rather like my cat. If someone did that to her, I don't know what I'd do, but i'd be pissed

Quast said:

he used 'subhuman' as a slanderous remark because you two have differing opinions.

What? I don't get it.

Would I magically become full-human if I believed people should be slaughtered if they kill an animal? Ha.

Somebody's got some screwed up priorities here.

Does killing insects in a brutal manner (salt on slugs/cooking them with magnifying glass/slicing them up/impaling them on a stick and leaving them in the blistering sun. Burning ants and pillbugs with a magnifying glass till they smoke or crushing/slicing them up, putting worms under magnifying glass and/or slicing them up, etc) count?

Well, it depends on what kind of punishment we're talking here.

I'm saying - people don't deserve death because they end the life of an animal. Humans or far more valuable than that, in my opinion. Not that they should go completely free, but death, and in lesser offenses that a mass killing -- prison -- is just ridiculous.

In my opinion. :)

mje said:

I'm saying - people don't deserve death because they end the life of an animal. ...Humans or far more valuable than that, in my opinion.

I don't think it's the fact that they ended the life of an animal so much as it's frivolous nature and the method by which they killed the animals (admittedly it adds to the "horror factor" that it was puppies in this case).

As for humans being more or less valuable, I'd be inclined to say that human beings are only as valuable as what they do or contribute. If all they have to offer is suffering for other animals, and in such a cruel fashion, then they've decreased their value to society somewhat.

I found job's definition pretty good ...
That also means very few people really worth something...
And so on, human beings are not so valuable, only good for war, selfishness and violence.

I've ignored this thread for a while, but I've been troubled by a couple of reponses here, and one question plagues me, and it's addressed to those of you who said you would want these people dead: You would be willing to kill someone for this? If you are so angry that these people caused such pain and suffering to another animal, how exactly are you justified in resorting to the same tactics as them? I sense hypocrisy here. Since you obviously are strongly against what happened, I can't understand why you would be willing to commit the same type of act to punish them.

Troubled? It's pretty much a gut reaction in a post; words and (supposedly) emotions. One thing is someone simply saying "I think they should die (or suffer) for that," another is actually doing something ugly... like putting fireworks in domesticated animals' orifices.

alexz721 said:

You would be willing to kill someone for this?

If someone is disturbed enough to do things like this (not just to dogs of course, but anything), they should learn what its like to be on the recieving end.

Csonicgo said:

I know! release dogs on him!

:runs:

Well - not quite. Just put fire crackers in his mouth and/or butt.

dsm said:

Hmm?
Do you know exactly what happens to animals that are slaughtered for meat?
I got the impression that they were killed in a fairly humane way (but correct me if I'm wrong) - much better way to buy it than what could've easily have happened to them in nature.

Some are humane, most are not. Is there really a humane way to kill anything? If you want you can go here (http://www.meetyourmeat.com/) and watch some videos but do you really need to? You could also check out PETA, they're not shy and will tell you exactly what's going on. Keep in mind that anything you read or see at a PETA website are mostly extreme cases to help their movement but the underlying truth remains.

I'm not an activist (hell, I eat meat everyday and love it) but I am aware. The puppies that started this thread had it easy compared to most animals we eat.

-E

Humans are animals. Animals are animals. If someone did something like that to one of my cats I'd at least cripple the fucker. People who abuse animals like that have physcological problems or a mental illness, or daddy just treated him/her like a step child and beat the fuck out of him/her all day long. However I wouldn't give a flying fuck what justifies their actions, I'd shit kick them, because nobody fucks with my kitty cats. Yes there only dumb beasts. Yes their only animals. But I have an emotional attachment to them, which is part of a normal human being, and so I'd do whatever it'd take to avenge my cats. As for this dog, it doesn't disturb me as much. #1 I hate dogs. #2 I'm not emotionally attached to the dog. If you dehumanize others you dehumanize yourself. So beating and killing some dude who killed a puppy makes you no better, in fact worse, than the puppy murderer.
Puppy's life VS a Human Life, humanity is of a higher value. But even after I say that, if I was given reasonable grounds to exact my revenge on someone who fucked with something I care about, I'd gladly sacrifice my humanity.

POTGIESSER said:

But even after I say that, if I was given reasonable grounds to exact my revenge on someone who fucked with something I care about, I'd gladly sacrifice my humanity.

Whoa. That's pretty dark, dude. :D

Ralphis said:

I hope you're joking. Humans, unlike other animals on this planet, have brains capable of understanding things on a much wider scale than an animal.

All I have to say about that is: so do dolphins and killer whales...and pigs for that matter.

Btw, porpuses and dolphines are a completely different species.

Endureth said:

I'm glad to see that by eating meat I ensure that these animals didn't die in vain.

I'm very sorry but I despise vegans, in fact I'm an extreme opposite, I believe humans should be eaten too, I mean come on, who really wants to keep these convicts in jail for life draining our taxes (not that I pay any yet) when they could be put to use in society.

Oh and the death penalty for puppy killing? One year in prison is enough IMO.

Janderson said:

I'm glad to see that by eating meat I ensure that these animals didn't die in vain.

-E

So what puts humans apart from any other animal, aside from mindless cruelty. Newsflash, humans ARE animals in the broadest sense.