Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Chaos Unleashed

Chris Lutz so timely submitted to us on July 2nd the update he made to the Chaos Crew site about progress on his next project, Deimos: Anomaly Unleashed. This obvious sequel to Phobos: Anomaly Reborn isn't progressing as quickly as he had hoped, but there's still some good-looking screenshots there to gaze at.

FP! Cool, i've been waiting for this. Oh yeah and the screenshots look pretty sweet.

Chos Crew Website said:

You know, it would be awesome if I could say that Deimos: Anomaly Unleashed was now available, since I would have beaten Action Doom and could tell Scuba to suck it.

:(

Chos Crew Website said:

also, I like Scuba, and telling him to suck it would be mean and wrong.

:D

I kid 'cause I love, Scuba. Also, considering you basically spent 90% of Action Doom's development time creating ads, it was hard to ignore the July 3 release date. (BTW, it's a great piece of work, and I could see it sparking a whole new "Action .WAD" editing genre -- definitely something of which to be proud.)

Chrs Lutz is simply amazing. I really enjoyed his Caverns of Darkness. All his maps run with any limit removing port don't they?

Veddge said:

Chrs Lutz is simply amazing. I really enjoyed his Caverns of Darkness. All his maps run with any limit removing port don't they?

No. P:AR requires a Boom compatible port and CoD uses a custom engine.

That reminds me - Quasar and I are going to be porting CoD to vanilla Eternity very soon. It's finally at the stage where it should be able to support the game with no custom code so I don't have to keep sending code to James to compile and keep updating every time he releases an update.

Soon. Honest!

Awesome stuff as usual Chris. Head to the Eternity site and have a look - there's a few special things it can do now that might grab your attention.

EDIT - Like 3D floors for instance.

P:AR is one of my favorite levelsets. This is great news!

JoelMurdoch said:

Head to the Eternity site and have a look - there's a few special things it can do now that might grab your attention.

EDIT - Like 3D floors for instance.

Yeah, I've been slow to embrace all the new stuff out there. However, part of the fun for me is seeing exactly what I can pull off (and how much I can fake) using a relatively unmodified engine. Granted, I really appreciate the advances that various ports have added (thank GOD for limit removal), but quite frankly, if I really wanted state-of-the-art, I would make levels for Unreal.

(Of course, I'm also a pansy girl and don't want to have to learn any new editing tools.)

Fair enough - your imagination and creativity in doing just that has always impressed me more than any other Doom author.

Who the Hell needs Doom3 when we've got Chris Lutz! Awesome screenshots, as usual.

Meh, it's mediocre work definitely. Nothing special like everyone makes it out to be.

I'm just makin' little joke!

Chris Hansen said:

Who the Hell needs Doom3 when we've got Chris Lutz! Awesome screenshots, as usual.

Ma words exactly.