Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Scuba Steve said:

I ripped it from some lame wad.

What licence?

Well I'd have to say the Action BFG is the best BFG aside from the original. I love that scuba style!!

We have a policy of not replacing already submitted resources in order to encourage people to create new stuff... I think the BFG has already been replaced once over already.

Jon said:

We have a policy of not replacing already submitted resources in order to encourage people to create new stuff... I think the BFG has already been replaced once over already.

What despite it being, you know, good?

Jon said:

If the quality of freedoom is improved it's better to have it in.

Jon said:

You could always make an "older stuff" wad that contains the stuff that got replaced so peeps won't miss a thing...

Or is that already done?

Jon said:

Actually 3 times.

History of Freedoom BFG....

-Fraggle's BFG
-My gun rip
-A sprite based from that rip
-Scuba's new BFG

Why have that policy at all? If someone wants to take a crack at making something better, why stop them? Aside from the fact that Scuba had already made the BFG anyway for AD, so technically without intent to replace.

Actually is was made with both the intention of being in AD AND for Freedoom. I just had to wait until I released AD to show it off.

chilvence said:

Why have that policy at all? If someone wants to take a crack at making something better, why stop them?

Because its so subjective. Who gets the say as to what is better than what? Do we setup a vote system? Does everyone who contributed ever get a say, or everyone, or nobody?

Also, we can't get any kind of consistency in feel for things like weapons, levels etc. if the base line is constantly moving.

Much easier to focus on getting all resources replaced, /then/ resolve these difficulties.

Jon said:

Because its so subjective. Who gets the say as to what is better than what?

You do :)

gargoylol said:

You could always make an "older stuff" wad that contains the stuff that got replaced so peeps won't miss a thing...

What I thought would be a good idea would be a web-based 'build your own freedoom.wad'; where you go through a gallery of all alternatives and select the ones you want, and the web server would piece together your WAD for you.

(maybe I shouldn't have brought up the website here... its coming I promise)

That sure would break compatibility in online ports though

EDIT: Unless of course you still intend on having a standardized freedoom wad

Jon said:

Because its so subjective. Who gets the say as to what is better than what? Do we setup a vote system? Does everyone who contributed ever get a say, or everyone, or nobody?

let's review, shall we?

Scuba's:

Current one:

Scuba's again:

the current one...:

hmmmmmmmm...

Ralphis said:

That sure would break compatibility in online ports though

EDIT: Unless of course you still intend on having a standardized freedoom wad

Yes that is definitely intended. I don't know much about how online ports work but a standardised wad would be necessary for other purposes.

Do they check the hash on the wads or something?

Jon said:

Yes that is definitely intended. I don't know much about how online ports work but a standardised wad would be necessary for other purposes.

Do they check the hash on the wads or something?

I think on most online ports zero checking is done for the most part (zdaemon is the exception there I believe). if wads differ though they will almost always desync because of this and the match becomes pretty much useless.